Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear bed step

Mesabadude

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can mount the rear bed step on the passenger rear or if it can only work on the driver side?

lgjhn

Reaction score
FWIW, I just installed the OEM bed step last week, and it's solid as a rock and works great for this old fella...
I like the way it tucks up and away such that the added rear mudflap can assist in keeping it from getting too crapped up.
The OEM unit is more expensive than the aftermarket models, but the fit and design is all heavy duty.

5Willy2

Reaction score
Like others said, OEM is best. Friends have after market steps, and IMHO the oem is solid and tucks away nicely. Shop around online, you can get better prices for the step... Take note on the torque settings, one of the bolts is in "inches" not foot pounds. Was cranking on it and thought this was way to tight, I stopped and put on my glasses and looked again at the instructions supplied, and noted the inch pounds.

KneeDeep

Reaction score
For comparison, I have both and the oem is definitely nicer looking.

Attachments

• IMG_8665.jpeg
    IMG_8665.jpeg
    929.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8664.jpeg
    IMG_8664.jpeg
    791.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8663.jpeg
    IMG_8663.jpeg
    715.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8662.jpeg
    IMG_8662.jpeg