Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random UConnect Reboot

Randy1021

Reaction score
'22 3500 Laramie with 8.4" Uconnect 5. Three times over the past 2 months while driving down the highway the UConnect screen will power off and reboot. Doesn't seem to be connected to hitting a bump in the road or pushing any buttons. Just randomly reboots. Wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and had a resolution. I'm afraid the dealer's shop will not be able to re-create the problem, and I'm not sure if there is a system log that they can read to see what is happening? Thanks for any input!!

matemike

Reaction score
Happened to me yesterday, first time. ram 2500 Laramie , 8.4" U5, 4000 miles. I had my phone plugged in and was listening to Pandora on Carplay. I don't bluetooth the carplay because it cuts in and out, but works fine when plugged into the USB. I got a call and answered on carplay. Talking to co-worker through trucks speakers, pandora automatically paused. Uconnect system started buzzing then shut down. My phone call swapped to the phone, so I picked up and talked like normal, then before the phone call was over the system rebooted and kicked the phone call to Carplay, talking over the speakers again. Ended the call and Pandora started playing again, but not where it left off, it started a new song.

I was hoping it was a software update that is supposed to come this quarter and should fix the cargo camera being unavailable, but it did not fix that.
I did however notice for the first time, a zoom feature on my back-up camera while in reverse. I used it and am excited to hook up my camper later today and use the zoom again, but I have not seen it again since this morning. The zoom feature is gone again. Does it only work when backing up close to something?

bcbearhnt

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Laramie Longhorn. My radio would go black screen. It would come back on always in 10 seconds or 10 minutes. The dealer replaced radio on may 18, 2021. Did not fix the problem. Black screen again in less than a week. Have had the radio replaced 3 more times with the same result, black screen and would always reset itself after a few minutes. When it comes back on, no cab temp reading and no backup camera. Has anyone had this problem, and gotten a fix for it? Please help

bcbearhnt

Reaction score
'22 3500 Laramie with 8.4" Uconnect 5. Three times over the past 2 months while driving down the highway the UConnect screen will power off and reboot. Doesn't seem to be connected to hitting a bump in the road or pushing any buttons. Just randomly reboots. Wondering if anyone else has seen this problem and had a resolution. I'm afraid the dealer's shop will not be able to re-create the problem, and I'm not sure if there is a system log that they can read to see what is happening? Thanks for any input!!
Have u found a solution to this problem? I have the same problem with a 2018 2500 Ram. Have replaced radio 4 times with no success

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Have u found a solution to this problem? I have the same problem with a 2018 2500 Ram. Have replaced radio 4 times with no success
The system on the original post is a different system as its the newer version. Your issue sounds like a wiring issue but have you checked the fuse box to make sure all of you fuses are fully seated? These trucks come with the fuses not fully seated and it is known to cause odd issues like this over time

Reactions: CFE

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Laramie Longhorn. My radio would go black screen. It would come back on always in 10 seconds or 10 minutes. The dealer replaced radio on may 18, 2021. Did not fix the problem. Black screen again in less than a week. Have had the radio replaced 3 more times with the same result, black screen and would always reset itself after a few minutes. When it comes back on, no cab temp reading and no backup camera. Has anyone had this problem, and gotten a fix for it? Please help
Sorry to hear this happens, bcbearhnt,

Is your Ram back in service for these concerns? Our team is available via PM if you wish to discuss your concerns further.

Steph
Ram Cares

leekyhiker

Reaction score
Just got my 2020 a couple moths ago. Same deal. Reboots when it wants too.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Just got my 2020 a couple moths ago. Same deal. Reboots when it wants too.
Sorry you're experiencing this as well, leekyhiker,

Feel free to shoot us a PM and we can look into your vehicle information from there.

Steph
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread