Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAMPAGE!

Rampaging-mn

Reaction score
Just got the truck back with the 5.5 BDS kit installed. Went with 37x13.5x22 Nitto Ridge Grapps and 22x12 TIS 547b. First off the truck rides amazing, but has a little more axel hop then before so ill throw on a set of good arms out back soon. I also adjusted the TPMS and Wheels size using the AEV pro cal snap which was quick and easy. Next up is the pro charger as i know another member on another forum that just had his in the RD there under the knife so kits should be out soon! Love the way this rides compared to my 8 inch Mcgauphys 2017. Pretty sure i have the biggest 5th gen HEMI out there...
ram1.jpgram2.jpg

Attachments

• ram3.jpg
    ram3.jpg
    744.1 KB · Views: 33

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Just got the truck back with the 5.5 BDS kit installed. Went with 37x13.5x22 Nitto Ridge Grapps and 22x12 TIS 547b. First off the truck rides amazing, but has a little more axel hop then before so ill throw on a set of good arms out back soon. I also adjusted the TPMS and Wheels size using the AEV pro cal snap which was quick and easy. Next up is the pro charger as i know another member on another forum that just had his in the RD there under the knife so kits should be out soon! Love the way this rides compared to my 8 inch Mcgauphys 2017. Pretty sure i have the biggest 5th gen HEMI out there...
Just a courtesy FYI, you still have a 4.5 gen. There is still no word on when the 5th gen HDs will be out.

Any clue how difficult the exhaust modifications were to fit the drive shaft?

Rampaging-mn

Reaction score
Politics but yes its 4.5 Gen, the shop that did the kit said it wasnt too much and i didnt ask for much more detail lol

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Politics but yes its 4.5 Gen, the shop that did the kit said it wasnt too much and i didnt ask for much more detail lol
No worries. I had originally considered BDS but after reading through the install instructions, the exhaust modifications was enough to sway me elsewhere, as I'm not a welder.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Sure does look nice. I would imagine at this point, you need that procharger to get that big girl up and moving.

Rampaging-mn

Reaction score
Pro charger is next...I mean I just sold the hellcat so I have bad need for speed, unfortunately a pro charged Ram wont scratch that itch.

Squatch

Reaction score
A video once that procharger is installed would be something I’d watch

Ivan441

Reaction score
View attachment 15701View attachment 15702
Hi Rampaging. I just finished doing adjustments with the pro cal as well but it gave me a check engine light along with it. Did you have the same issue by chance?

Attachments

• D746BB23-2D90-44C0-803F-039F7ADA167C.jpeg
    D746BB23-2D90-44C0-803F-039F7ADA167C.jpeg
    848.9 KB · Views: 49

Rampaging-mn

Reaction score
Yep, had to call them and he walked me through how to fix. sorry cant remeber that process right now!

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Truck looks nice, but will the tires rub when they are stuffed up into the wheel wells from compressing the suspension?

Or does it not have any extra travel compared to the stock suspension?

Users who are viewing this thread