Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Connect subscription expires today

wrvond

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen any real benefit during the trial period and am thinking it's a service I'd just as soon not pay for.
Out of curiosity, how many here have kept the service or plan to keep it after their trial period ends?

arx237

Reaction score
The only use I ever got on the trial was remote start from deep in the building where the weak fob doesnt work on snowy days. Beyond that it is a solution in search of a problem in my opinion so I let it expire and uninstalled the app from my phone.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I hate how much it costs, but I keep mine active. It gets a lot of use when I travel during the winter. I can start the truck in the parking garage when I land, and by the time I walk across the airport it's warmed up. I do the opposite in the summer when it's really hot as well.

I also like the built in nav because it shows on the digital instrument cluster in 23+ trucks, so I use the app to send destinations to it.

unclelala

Reaction score
I Don't bother with any of those subscriptions, back in 2010-2011 I got in a huge argument with Sirius about cost. They would negotiate the price for a couple of years but stopped and were trying to get top buck out of me so I dropped it and I haven't looked back. I figure for how much time I spent driving the price per song per hour was crazy.
Maybe if I used my vehicle for work or did more driving it might have been worth it.

unclelala

Reaction score
I let mine lapse because it is way over-priced for what it is. At maybe 1/4 the price I might have kept it.
Yeah, you may as well have another big whopping utility bill, its the same money in some cases.

DougB

Reaction score
Didn’t renew after the trial period. Don’t miss the remote start. If they would let the owner control when heated/cooled features turn on via the app for remote start then maybe I would be interested but since it’s preset, nope. Even then I’d only pay $5/no for that feature. It’s not worth more than that imo.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn’t renew after the trial period. Don’t miss the remote start. If they would let the owner control when heated/cooled features turn on via the app for remote start then maybe I would be interested but since it’s preset, nope. Even then I’d only pay $5/no for that feature. It’s not worth more than that imo.

You can get that customization with an aftermarket system with LTE and $5.99/mo basic Drone mobile, but that up front hardware costs would take a lot of monthly payments to break even. Believe me, I've strongly considered it (Start-X/Compustar).

DougB

Reaction score
You can get that customization with an aftermarket system with LTE and $5.99/mo basic Drone mobile, but that up front hardware costs would take a lot of monthly payments to break even. Believe me, I've strongly considered it (Start-X/Compustar).
Wow. Sounds like a hassle when Ram could have easily programmed that functionality into the software and the app.

phatboy64

Reaction score
I kept it. Like others said, remote start is a plus for me and I like the Drive alert features..especially when leaving the truck at a shop.

swolenpasta

Reaction score
For me it came down to a question of insurance cost. I can pay the subscription fee with RamConnect and then get a discount on insurance due to the tracking ability that basically covers the cost of the subscription, OR I can not have RamConnect and pay higher insurance premiums. I'm going with the RamConnect option so I get more for my money overall.

Check to see if your insurance offers any discounts for connected/tracking type services.

wrvond

Reaction score
For me it came down to a question of insurance cost. I can pay the subscription fee with RamConnect and then get a discount on insurance due to the tracking ability that basically covers the cost of the subscription, OR I can not have RamConnect and pay higher insurance premiums. I'm going with the RamConnect option so I get more for my money overall.

Check to see if your insurance offers any discounts for connected/tracking type services.
That's a good point. Early on I checked with insurance and was told I'm maxed out on discounts.

Users who are viewing this thread