Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM 3500

Ram020

Reaction score
I have a 2020 3500 6.7 Getting code saying “fuel rail system pressure to low” Truck was at dealer for 20 days they say everything is working like it should be with the fuel system

Truck works perfect until I’m going up an hill doing under 100km and it starts to loose power , and as soon as I let off the fuel or give it some more fuel the truck is fine again

Anyone else have this problem or know what could be the issue?

Also truck is deleted

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
I'd do new fuel filters, both the one under the bed and the one at the engine.
Sounds like a fuel supply issue.
Afterwards I would check the lift pump which delivers Diesel from the tank to the high pressure pump at the engine.
Wondering if there is a pressure sensor between the lift pump and high pressure pump. You could see if the pressure drops with higher loads?

Ram020

Reaction score
I'd do new fuel filters, both the one under the bed and the one at the engine.
Sounds like a fuel supply issue.
Afterwards I would check the lift pump which delivers Diesel from the tank to the high pressure pump at the engine.
Wondering if there is a pressure sensor between the lift pump and high pressure pump. You could see if the pressure drops with higher loads?
The harder I drive the truck the better it works. Just when going under 100 going up hills, if I’m doing over 100 it’s fine Also taking it in fur service soon

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
The harder I drive the truck the better it works. Just when going under 100 going up hills, if I’m doing over 100 it’s fine Also taking it in fur service soon
no clue what that could be. Maybe the tune?
But I wish you good luck at the shop. I hope they do not throw up their arms and say they are not able to repair it since it is deleted.
Let us know what you will learn.
BTW, like the statement about more or less fuel vs. throttle. Most people do not know that a traditional Diesel has no throttle...........

Ram020

Reaction score
no clue what that could be. Maybe the tune?
But I wish you good luck at the shop. I hope they do not throw up their arms and say they are not able to repair it since it is deleted.
Let us know what you will learn.
BTW, like the statement about more or less fuel vs. throttle. Most people do not know that a traditional Diesel has no throttle...........
Been getting alot of people telling me it’s the tune, so I contacted the shop that did all the delete and tune work on the truck and they are reaching out to the tune support team to see what they think

Users who are viewing this thread