Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Puck system alignment

Buckphil

Reaction score
I just took possession of a new 2021 Ram 3500 Laramie with the factory fifth wheel package installed. I was checking the fit for B & W gooseneck ball and safety chain hardware. The ball fits great, but a little sloppy. The safety chain hardware does not fit at all, and realized the holes in bed are off center towards the back. I don’t have my new fifth wheel puck hitch yet but if it doesn’t fit either I have a major problem.
I haven’t looked but wondering if the frame system is adjustable. If not I guess a different bed will have to be installed. Any suggestions?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I just took possession of a new 2021 Ram 3500 Laramie with the factory fifth wheel package installed. I was checking the fit for B & W gooseneck ball and safety chain hardware. The ball fits great, but a little sloppy. The safety chain hardware does not fit at all, and realized the holes in bed are off center towards the back. I don’t have my new fifth wheel puck hitch yet but if it doesn’t fit either I have a major problem.
I haven’t looked but wondering if the frame system is adjustable. If not I guess a different bed will have to be installed. Any suggestions?
They are not adjustable from what i can tell but the bed is slightly id go see the dealer have a new bed ordered thats just unacceptable in my books

Frank

Reaction score
Are the holes not centered within the bed itself, or just off from the pucks?

Bed is probably out of alignment. Check the cab too...
The holes are part of the stamping process. I'm not saying its impossible for the holes to be off...but I can't think of how. I don't think they have good process control welding or mounting the beds though.

Boscowtx

Reaction score
The B&W fifth wheel hitch has adjustable legs to fit into the puck system, loosen the nut to make it fit, then tighten. My hitch was in my 19, now in my 20, fit exactly the same. I can’t say enough about these Rams, new one has the air ride, amazing

Buckphil

Reaction score
The B&W fifth wheel hitch has adjustable legs to fit into the puck system, loosen the nut to make it fit, then tighten. My hitch was in my 19, now in my 20, fit exactly the same. I can’t say enough about these Rams, new one has the air ride, amazing
The problem is the bed is off center probably close to 3/4”. Got my new B & W hitch today and not enough adjustment to drop in. Calling dodge tomorrow to see if the frame can be adjusted to line up with bed. I don’t think the bed can go forward anymore. It’s 1/2” from cab now.

Users who are viewing this thread