Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PSA on Stealth Performance and other mods

Ziggy

Reaction score
Since I have not seen much, if anything, regarding experience with the Stealth Performance module on these forums, I thought I would share mine, as well as some other tweaks I have done to allow my truck a little more get-up-and-go without deleting it.

I dropped the Stealth module in this afternoon and it was fairly easy. It does provide noticeable improvement with the dead pedal/lag and spools up a bit quicker. Also noticed midrange acceleration improvements when passing others. Is it worth $850? Meh, but I do like the stock truck with it installed, although its not something I would say lights my hair on fire. Its is good and the improvement is noticeable.

Also, Because I cannot tune the truck (23s and up have not have the encryption broken yet) I also cannot remove the annoying speed limiter.

BUT.............
I have the EzLynk 3.0, which I used to set my fogs on with high beams, adjust the TPMS thresholds, and tire size. I learned a trick form the TRX forum where you can set the tire size lower and fool the truck into gaining a little more top end. I have 34.5 size tires and I dropped the size in EzLynk to 28.0. This nets me 125mph when the truck thinks is going 102mph. Of course at all the base roadways speeds, when the speed reads 20, its really going 25, 40=50, 50=62, etc. I can use carplay ro run Waze, which shows my GPS speed, or even the EzLynk. Its not terribly convenient, but I get my extra room to push the truck from time to time as needed.

There you have it, hopefully this helps someone.

flan

Reaction score
Interesting hack. I can’t do 125 around my area it’s just too curvy and congested. I imagine out in the middle of Texas where you can see for miles ahead that comes in handy.

Ziggy

Reaction score
Interesting hack. I can’t do 125 around my area it’s just too curvy and congested. I imagine out in the middle of Texas where you can see for miles ahead that comes in handy.
In DFW, the tollways move really fast, sometimes at 90mph. I need to room to move around or get away from the crazy drivers. I hit 110 on my test run with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread