Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powder coating stock 2022 Ram wheels

Gkockrow

Reaction score
Has anyone had stock wheels powder coated. I like mine just wish they were black. Cost ideas. Thanks all.

waveslayer

Reaction score
Has anyone had stock wheels powder coated. I like mine just wish they were black. Cost ideas. Thanks all.
Yes I have done it once, I don't remember the cost. It turned out fine.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
Figure around 100-120 a wheel....I've had several sets coated....

The1adman

Reaction score
Yes, I did on my last truck. I did have them use a low temp cure powder though.

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Ya the oven would make things interesting if the tires and stems were not removed. The coating seems to be holding up ok so far.

G’Dave

Reaction score
Ya the oven would make things interesting if the tires and stems were not removed. The coating seems to be holding up ok so far.

Got it. I was thinking they were sprayed and left as is. Didn’t realize that powder coating implied a trip to the oven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Yes you can even get small scale do it at home kits and cook your parts in the kitchen oven….. at least until the wife catches you.:eek: :mad: o_O

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Did you end up keeping these wheels? Do you have any closer pictures. I’m thinking about doing the same thing or just buying new wheels. Thanks
I still have them but they are sitting loose for the last 18 months with the worn out Transfarses on them. I put new wheels/ tires on the 19 and recycled them on to my 12 and ran the stock tires dead. The 12 which is the main farm truck, gets used hard with LOTS of gravel miles. They held up well.

new2rams

Reaction score
I didn't read this whole thread, so please forgive me if I'm repeating a question someone has already answered. But what's the fear/reluctance in powder coating wheels? I read all this stuff it heats it and weakens the wheel (i mean, i have never read of an accident about a powder coated wheel breaking off)?
My guy, just told me to be cautious with the cleaning method due to the satin finish in relation to scratching.
But heck......i don't understand?
I just figured, if all else fails and this is a disaster down the stretch, i'll quit being a cheapy and buy rims.....but at this point, i don't understand why?
thanks
g

Users who are viewing this thread