Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help with tuning!?!

DJask

Reaction score
Hello, I am helping my dad with his 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie 6.7L Mega Cab Dually. So, his 68RFE Exploded and in attempt to get to the point we put a BD Diesel Tranny/Torque Converter/Flex plate in it. The problem is I did not know that it had already had the DPF and Catalytic Converter Deleted and tuned previously before he bought the truck. And here's the really dumb part I go to start it up to start the transmission quick learn/drive learn procedures and it has a Bully Dog Platinum (that he had bought after the fact which I didn't know) just sitting there asking if I wanted to tune it as if it had lost connection or reset the system from being unplugged for so long so i hit yes and boom it locked me out for 20 minutes and tuned the truck to a preloaded bully dog stock tune I think deleting the custom tune in the process? Of course, now its throwing codes for the deletes! Does anyone know if i choose to uninstall the tune will it put that custom tune back on or just return it to real stock? I've gotten mixed results over the bullydog phone and they're forums. Phone guy said it overwrote it and forum guy says it saved the custom tune as if it was the stock tune since it was the first time since he bought the bully dog that the tune was installed. Any Suggestions are appreciated I haven't messed with a lot of tuning but have been learning as fast as i can. Do we need to buy a tuner that's for deletes or is there a place that sells a tune file I can put on the bullydog or what I'm a little lost and hoping some of you with more experience than i can help?

flan

Reaction score
Programmers I had previously run always downloaded whatever was in the truck and put in the new one. If you wanted to put it back to stock you could do so. With any luck yours did the same. Seems like it’s already broke, what’s the worst that could happen?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yea its possible its saved as the “stock” file so try it.

Users who are viewing this thread