Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic chunk in rear fuel/water filter

WRKelly

Reaction score
I recently changed my rear filter and found a 2 inch piece of mangled plastic above the filter. It was stuck up there in the top of the housing. I'm thinking it could be part of the filter housing that was damaged or maybe it was a piece of scrap left in the housing when it was made? When I removed the cap the filter did not stay up in the housing ,like I've seen on videos, but came out stuck to the cap, so maybe it was spinning and torn off something up there? I don't know if it was spinning with the cap or staying stationary. I think it's suppose to stay stationary since there are slots in the top of filter so it makes sense it's suppose to stay in place.
20220913_110714.jpg
20220913_110714.jpg

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
They should stay stuck to the cap, it clips in the cap, thats just a piece from when the filter housing was made. Id would not be worried

Phil T

Reaction score
That looks most like a remnant of the molding process in making the fuel tank.

jbncccb

Reaction score
Yep, found something similar in my generator fuel tank. When they punch or drill holes in the tank at the factory they just leave the remnants in there. Relying on filters to do their job, LoL.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yep, found something similar in my generator fuel tank. When they punch or drill holes in the tank at the factory they just leave the remnants in there. Relying on filters to do their job, LoL.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
That would never go through the lift pump….

WRKelly

Reaction score
That would never go through the lift pump….
That's what I was thinking too. Even going through the fuel line to get there. It does make sense and glad to think it was just that. Next time I'm at the dealer all ask and give an update.

Users who are viewing this thread