Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PCM Problems

REBorchers

Reaction score
My truck has 9800 miles on it and the PCM is malfunctioning. Anyone else have this problem with the new Ram Diesels

REBorchers

Reaction score
How is it “malfunctioning”
Engine light came on with code for EGR flow control valve issue, then DEF injection system malfunction see dealership before mileage count down puts vehicle in limp mode. Dealership in Glenwood Springs Colorado diagnosed it to be bad PCM. I had then ship the truck to Victorville Motors where is being diagnosed again.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Is it a 22? They had a few recalled PCM

REBorchers

Reaction score
Is it a 22? They had a few recalled PCM
Yes 2022 with 9500 miles on it. I ordered it Jan 7th this year. Took delivery in April and EGR code come up several times, the DEF injection system malfunction Oct 14 this year and is been at 2 different Ram dealerships drive then. No recalls on my vin number.

Riddick

Reaction score
Look up Gavin Walker on YouTube. He has a 22 and had the exact problems you listed above. He has a few videos discussing it. They ended up replacing his PCM and his truck is fixed. Not sure if it makes a difference but his truck is an early 22 model that falls outside of the recall.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes 2022 with 9500 miles on it. I ordered it Jan 7th this year. Took delivery in April and EGR code come up several times, the DEF injection system malfunction Oct 14 this year and is been at 2 different Ram dealerships drive then. No recalls on my vin number.
Well sounds like its just a bad luck situation hopefully they get you squared away quickly

leeparnell89

Reaction score
Mine has around the same mileage and broke completely down with a load on the side of the interstate. Threw all kinds of codes about the trans and wouldn't allow it to be shifted into park. After an entire 48 hour debacle I got it home and to my dealer and it was the PCM. This is the same truck that came from the factory with all the fuses so loose it shorted the ECM, PCM, and TCM. My VIN was not on the recall list for the recent ECM/PCM recall.

Users who are viewing this thread