Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parksense sensors

Gerry

Reaction score
I mistakenly posted this on the Generation 4.5 forum. Now I think I'm in the right place, so here is my post:
I recently bought a used 2017 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty. It has both front and rear parking sensors. Rear works great. One of the front sensors was damaged so I ordered some exact replacements which came yesterday. After swapping the new one in, I still have a message on my instrument cluster saying "Parksense Service Front Sensors". Is there a method to reset this message? Also, is there a way to check which sensor is causing the error message?

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I ran into a similar issue when I replaced the bumpers on my 2016. I never was able to pinpoint what specifically was causing my issue, but I unplugged and reconnected all sensors, then I used an OBD scanner to clear the code from my system and the error message never came back.

Nick

Reaction score
You may be able to use a diagnostic tool to clear that code .

dbrhino

Reaction score
I had the code cleared by my mechanic but the error message came back.

Combatgrunt

Reaction score
I had this issue in my 5th gen it turned out to be the wiring harness. I'm not sure how yours was damaged but mine was from a trailer lounge so it must have pushed it back and cut a wire someplace in it. I replaced all the sensors still had the issue, when I replaced the harness it was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread