Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P0765 and Limp Mode

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Just 68rfe things :rolleyes:

Not mine but my father's truck. Happened towing a trailer and put it in limp mode. Was cruising 70mph on flat ground. Trans temp was a cool 173*. A restart got it out of 4th gear but the check engine light persisted. I cleared the code and truck is back to running fine. Thoughts? I want to say valve body?

Screenshot_20220609-194848_Auto Agent.jpg

20220609_194413.jpg

Blackpowder

Reaction score
I experienced this exact issue today. Engine light still present after 180 mile return home, same code. I was cruising at 65 on flat ground pulling 6K trailer. Any updates since you cleared the code?

GPurcell01

Reaction score
I experienced this exact issue today. Engine light still present after 180 mile return home, same code. I was cruising at 65 on flat ground pulling 6K trailer. Any updates since you cleared the code?

Ya not so great news unfortunately. We ended up putting in a new solenoid pack, built valve body, and a billet channel plate since all of that had to come out anyways. Truck ran great and is putting more power down to the ground.

Up until it threw a P0765 and a P2701 cruising the highway empty at 78mph... so we are back to the drawing board.

Blackpowder

Reaction score
Update: In late August dealer indicated fauly shift solenoid. Part ordered, just came in and replaced this week. Prior to solenoid replacement, over 1K miles since initial fault with no repeats. Only time will tell if the solenoid was the culprit.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Update: In late August dealer indicated fauly shift solenoid. Part ordered, just came in and replaced this week. Prior to solenoid replacement, over 1K miles since initial fault with no repeats. Only time will tell if the solenoid was the culprit.
Keep us posted. There's multiple 2500's around me now that have been having this issue since I started talking and asking about it. Some are stock and some are modified.

Blackpowder

Reaction score
Keep us posted. There's multiple 2500's around me now that have been having this issue since I started talking and asking about it. Some are stock and some are modified.
Will do. Probably will not get any significant miles on it until next years spring/summer tow season. If my issue was not caused by an intermittent fault with the solenoid, then we move on to an intermittent fault/issue with the solenoid monitoring module(s), associated wiring/connections, or monitoring software bug. Without a hard fault very difficult to pinpoint. I wanted to do a garage EQA on the solenoid but they would not let me have it since it was covered under warranty and they need to do something with it (at least that's what they told me).

Users who are viewing this thread