Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT Delete discussions

Banshi1981

Reaction score
I can say without any doubt there is a fuel mileage increase , I have tested it with nothing different either way other than the deleted equipment but that is only half of the reason I delete. I delete to protect the environment....what you say ? Nobody takes into account all the pollution and emissions and environmental damage caused by burning 15 to 20 % more fuel. That extra oil has to be found, drilled down to , pumped out , transported to refineries then transported to holding areas and finally to your friendly gas station , which by the way there have to be more of in order to keep up with additional demand and all the emissions and environmental damage done building those stations........but wait that is not the end. We also need to take into account all the environmental damage done by creating the regulations.......designing and testing the equipment , certification of the equipment , the mining of the raw materials that then have to be refined and turned into parts, all the transportation involved in that process and the emissions it causes. Then the actual assembly and the emissions and environmental impact this creates...............there is no way these emission regulations are doing anything other than increasing emissions of these so called environment changing gases. So why would they put them in place ? Control and money , the government makes money on every extra gallon you burn, more than everyone else by the way, the automakers get to sell us parts we don't need and then charge us to fix them when they break, and the oil companies get to sell you more extra fuel. It cost us money coming and going and we are getting nothing for our sacrifice , In fact we are just making things worse...if you are silly enough to buy into the man made climate change to begin with.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I can say without any doubt there is a fuel mileage increase , I have tested it with nothing different either way other than the deleted equipment but that is only half of the reason I delete. I delete to protect the environment....what you say ? Nobody takes into account all the pollution and emissions and environmental damage caused by burning 15 to 20 % more fuel. That extra oil has to be found, drilled down to , pumped out , transported to refineries then transported to holding areas and finally to your friendly gas station , which by the way there have to be more of in order to keep up with additional demand and all the emissions and environmental damage done building those stations........but wait that is not the end. We also need to take into account all the environmental damage done by creating the regulations.......designing and testing the equipment , certification of the equipment , the mining of the raw materials that then have to be refined and turned into parts, all the transportation involved in that process and the emissions it causes. Then the actual assembly and the emissions and environmental impact this creates...............there is no way these emission regulations are doing anything other than increasing emissions of these so called environment changing gases. So why would they put them in place ? Control and money , the government makes money on every extra gallon you burn, more than everyone else by the way, the automakers get to sell us parts we don't need and then charge us to fix them when they break, and the oil companies get to sell you more extra fuel. It cost us money coming and going and we are getting nothing for our sacrifice , In fact we are just making things worse...if you are silly enough to buy into the man made climate change to begin with.
You forgot to tell us that the earth is flat and that the moon landing was faked.

If you're going to make all these claims, show some numbers. Where are your back to back pre- and post-delete instrumented tests? Modern diesels are barely effected by their emissions equipment. It's the tuning that is "restricting" the power. Even if your wildly inflated 15-20% efficiency improvements were real, you'd still be creating far more pollution burning less fuel on a deleted truck. The average deleted truck produces nearly 40x the NOx and 20x the particulate of an emissions intact truck.

If you do delete, good luck ever selling the truck, and good luck keeping it from being outright taken away from you in the near future.

jsalbre

Reaction score
There just has to be a popcorn emoji somewhere
captain-obvious-popcorn.gif

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I could point out that you're saying I'm not an expert on diesels, but you seem to accept that everyone posting in support of deleting is an expert on diesels, and several are apparently climatologists?

But unsurprisngly, you're still avoiding the actual points, cupcake.
My 19 deleted passed the emissions opacity test with flying colours. And i am not adding more plastic and cardboard to the landfills with DEF jugs! And on a huge plus the engine is much better off for longevity not using EGR

jsalbre

Reaction score
My 19 deleted passed the emissions opacity test with flying colours. And i am not adding more plastic and cardboard to the landfills with DEF jugs! And on a huge plus the engine is much better off for longevity not using EGR
What about other emissions?

jetrinka

Reaction score
I'd imagine a properly tuned diesel with enough boost to keep EGT's down while under heavy load would do a good job at keeping NOX down as well.

Coal rollers need not apply

jsalbre

Reaction score
What about them. They do not do any other tests here im not in commifornia or anywhere near the EPA money collectors
The post you replied to didn't say anything about passing inspections, it was talking about emissions and climate. I assumed your response was on the same topic.

Users who are viewing this thread