Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil life gauge

Billframer

Reaction score
Feeling a little foolish here being as I have owned three ram diesels I have a 2021 ram diesel 6.7 Cummins turbo I hope I have not made more of a assnine mistake than I already have but thought I would check differentiating opinions
I got the oil changed in my truck at 5600 miles initially they put synthetic blend in it it now has 18,600 I am scheduled for an oil change first thing in the morning from the dealer my question is I am about 3600 miles overdue for an oil change I have 2% oil life left being as I goofed up and didn’t do my oil on time this time will this cause any damage to my truck ?
Lesson learned

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The oil life was not at 0 you still had time… i do extended intervals on my other diesel with bypass filters my oil usually gets changed at 80k km according to oil analysis it could go a bit longer even so you are fine and in no way over due as these trucks its ever 15k miles (24000km) also you should do synthetic not blends

Users who are viewing this thread