Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil and Fuel Filter meters or counters

Golfnut

Reaction score
My 2022 with the CTD has about 14,000 miles on it. I changed engine oil at filter at about 7,000 miles. As of now the oil filter counter says I have about 50% remaining which lines up with the 15,000 recommended service interval. My fuel filter counter is down to about 6%. My question is if these counters strictly off of mileage or do they take into account engine load or any other factors?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
It is supposed to be mileage only for fuel and oil may have other factors built in.

Both counters don’t take the 12 month interval into account, so both should be changed at 12 month of the miles aren’t accumulated.

Units

Reaction score
Haven’t had to change mine yet, but when I do I’m going to change the oil and fuel filters at the same time so I don’t have to track one or the other. Right now on the Evic in my truck the % of filter life left for oil and fuel are almost exactly the same.

flan

Reaction score
Did you reset both when you did your last change?

jebruns

Reaction score
Did you reset both when you did your last change?
He said he only did the oil, so I hope not.

I also just change them all at the same time. But my changes are 12 months. I don't put 15K on a truck in a year.

Users who are viewing this thread