Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offroad pages Altitude setting?

matemike

Reaction score
I live about 40 miles from the Gulf of Mexico beach. I would think that the beach itself it sea level. However, my altitude says -73' when at or near the beach. My house is about 75' above sea level. When at home, my altitude shows 0' in the offroad pages in the Uconnect 5 system. Has the system defaulted to calling my home 0' and then it measures from there? Is there a way to reset the sea level zero in the altitude display?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I live about 40 miles from the Gulf of Mexico beach. I would think that the beach itself it sea level. However, my altitude says -73' when at or near the beach. My house is about 75' above sea level. When at home, my altitude shows 0' in the offroad pages in the Uconnect 5 system. Has the system defaulted to calling my home 0' and then it measures from there? Is there a way to reset the sea level zero in the altitude display?

It’s using GPS altitude and referenced 0’ MSL, or mean sea level, for around the world. The truck doesn’t know, or care, what your home altitude is.

Tim_G

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread here, but... Is there a way to reset the altitude on the offroad pages or not? I find it difficult to believe that it's using a GPS-loaded default, as all 5 other GPS units that I have all read the actual elevation for my driveway (+36ft when there), yet my offroad page shows -72ft.

Users who are viewing this thread