Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offering buyouts to 50% of salaried workers

Reaction score

Welp. There goes any chance of a tow mode camera being released for 2023+ trucks
I just ordered a 2024 3500 Limited with a tow mode camera box ticked on the order sheet and it went into production 2 days ago. What is the issue with tow mode cameras?

pr3dict

Reaction score
I just ordered a 2024 3500 Limited with a tow mode camera box ticked on the order sheet and it went into production 2 days ago. What is the issue with tow mode cameras?
Unless you order it with your build it is impossible to purchase after the fact. One of the members was supposed to try and order it as a warranty replacement but I don't know what came of that... Essentially the part number to order says discontinued.

phatboy64

Reaction score
That was me but they needed to "look" at it and it was not really bad...

pr3dict

Reaction score
Yeah that's annoying... Someone here HAS to have a friendly dealer service manager that can escalate this to FCA about how to order a warranty replacement. We should just need to give them a VIN of one of the trucks that has it on their build sheet.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

CaptainMike

Reaction score
It looks like they're pushing hard to be the the world's big EV producer. Well, if you're doing the Thelma and Louise drive off the cliff you might as well step on the gas. Ford and GM appear to have seen the EV light and are wisely pulling back a bit. This is what we get when we have ignorant, petulant children running corporations and governments. Oh, and we also get very expensive, very shoddy products.

Clayinfl

Reaction score
It looks like they're pushing hard to be the the world's big EV producer. Well, if you're doing the Thelma and Louise drive off the cliff you might as well step on the gas. Ford and GM appear to have seen the EV light and are wisely pulling back a bit. This is what we get when we have ignorant, petulant children running corporations and governments. Oh, and we also get very expensive, very shoddy products.
Man, that’s a little harsh on children!

Adam06

Reaction score
I guess we will never get our recall parts out now! lol

pr3dict

Reaction score
Should I change i the title to specifically call out salaried workforce?

jsalbre

Reaction score
“Offering buyouts to 50% of salaried workers” is a lot different than “reducing workforce by 50%”. Stellantis has far more non-salaried workers than salaried workers, and they know that not everyone they offer a buyout to is going to take it. They have ~272k total employees, and only ~12k salaried employees. If every one of the ~6k workers takes the buyout they’re looking at something closer to 2% reduction in workforce.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhh. I think I read that the buyouts were forced... I was thinking layoffs. Don't mind me :)

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhh. I think I read that the buyouts were forced... I was thinking layoffs. Don't mind me :)

If the headline of the article read 2%, they wouldn't sell any newspapers (I know, I know, but you get the point).
It is intentional on behalf of the media outlet.

Users who are viewing this thread