Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OBDII DTC Reader/Clearer for 2019 6.7l Cummins

Burn'n Oil

It's a metaphor!
Reaction score
Any decent OBDII reader/eraser will do the job. I've got a couple of INNOVA products that I've had for yrs and they work fine on this truck.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I use alphaobd, but I have a few innova products that have been great over the years as well.

Rzrbrn

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an OBDII scanner/code reader for the 2019 Ram diesel and will work with Apple MacBook Pro?

I know this is an old thread but maybe someone will read this and help out, no real point in starting a new thread.

I am not a mechanic or even mechanically inclined. Just to be certain everyone understands my level of mechanical incompetence: I made the first oil change on my at the time new 2005 Jeep Liberty diesel myself, just to see what was up and because I am from the old school (that is, change after first 500 miles then 3k miles thereafter). This jeep had a female oil drain pan plug requiring an Allen wrench, which I had never before encountered. It was a pain in the butt, so I got the bright idea of using a male plug (with matching thread, I did my homework). The result was that I eventually stripped the threads in the oil pan by over tightening. So after that I just took it to the dealer for oil changes. I still have the Jeep with 200K + miles on it.

I bought an Autel ML629 in Nov 2019. I paid about $130. At the time I owned a 2011 Tundra and a 2009 Nissan Altima, and it worked. It did not work on my 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD so I emailed the distributor and they said to download a software update when it becomes available. Since I do not do even oil changes on the Jeep I let it slide.

I sold the Tundra and now have a 2019 Ram 2500 HD. From the Autel website the ml629 only has codes up to 2017, and it may or may not be able to read the Ram diesel codes. It does not recognize the Ram and the Jeep when connected to the OBDII port of each vehicle. Also, I use a MacBook Pro which does not recognize the Auto when it is plugged into the computer via the USB connector so I can't do software updates, even if they were available through 2019, which they are not. I have emailed Auto but they do not respond.

Does anyone know of an OBDII scanner/code reader for the 2019 Ram diesel and will work with Apple MacBook Pro? And costs less than say $200?
Or does anyone know how to make this Autel work with a MacBook Pro so I can get a software update if it ever comes out?

Last edited:

MEZZ2006

Reaction score
The OBDLink MX+ is supposed to work with Apple products. I don't own the MX+ or any Apple products. AlfaOBD does not work with Apple products at this time (if that's what you were hoping to use it with).

Rzrbrn

Reaction score
Yes sir, the first big problem is finding a unit that works with Apple products. The second is that it recognize my 2019 cummins 6.7L diesel truck. Thank you

Rzrbrn

Reaction score
I researched Alfaobd. Looks like I may have to buy an Android table just to use this software.

The OBDLink MX+ is unavailable at this time. I think I will wait for ti to again be offered on Amazon, it is just what I want. I am not going to make vast changes, perhaps to the TPMS sitting and that sort of thing. So maybe I don't really need the alfaobd software, Thank you Mezz206.

Last edited:

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Was researching Alpha OBD and came across this. Made a screenshot:

1595373578085.png

I don't know what all the mambo-jumbo means but do they want to tell me they can modify AISIN transmission parameters??

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Also is the OBDLink MX / MX+ the scanner that works with '19+ RAM trucks?
I guess I'd also need to purchase the APP from Google Play. Am I right?

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Is there a guide somewhere on this or other RAM sites showing what it can change on our HD trucks?

Users who are viewing this thread