Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Wireless Android Auto Seems Kind of Pointless (Waze)

metasinn

Reaction score
Stumbled across this wireless AA module that looks like it utilizes wifi.

Can confirm. That little wireless AA device works like a gem. I've had it in my last 3 trucks. OTA updates via the app too. Really well made

renagade69

Reaction score
I have been using the AAWireless. Works great.
You still have to unlock the phone to connect wirelessly.
It's small and hides away nicely.

CFE

Reaction score
How is this different than what the current uConnect 5 does? My phone automatically connects wirelessly as soon as I get in the truck via android auto..so waze/spotify/etc are all able to be projected on the screen. Assuming that's only good until the free wifi hotspot runs out though?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
uc4 didn't have wireless. uc5 does. aa wireless allows uc4 to have the wireless option.

Reactions: CFE

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Loving my AAWireless for uc4. Had to change USB type to MTP force start and it works great. Wireless charging pad is pretty dang finicky though with my Samsung S22 with no case.

renagade69

Reaction score
I had to set my Blackview dash cam wifi to not connect automatically. The dash cam would connect before aawireless and no AA. Just a heads up.

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
i got one of the aawireless dongles and it works well my only gripe is it is a little buggy sometimes doesnt wanna connect and makes my phone go through an endless loop of trying to connect and failing.. i have to delete the device from uconnect under paired devices and it will work. other issue is the usb in the truck never seems to shut off leaving the device powered on after i get out and my phone keeps trying to connect to it from inside my house. I have to unplug the aawirelss device everytime i park my truck with kinda defeats the purpose.

Mulely

Reaction score
I bought the Motorola AA wireless thingy for mine. Works great but gets glichy after being on for an extended trip, like around hour 8 or 9 it starts to reset every so often. The phone eats battery with the navigation and music running so on long trips, I just use the cable.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread