Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New to Forum

Vin913

Reaction score
Ram 1500 diesel owner, had a 22 and rolled it. I survived, but the truck looked like it was chewed up and spat out. That was in 23 when you couldn’t find them because of the high pressure fuel pump recall. I found a 24 diesel Limited elite, I had to take that because I wanted the 33 gallon tank, air ride and tow package. It was what was available so that’s what I have. I put a cap on the back and I want to relocate that HD camera to the back of the cap. I’ve been reading on the forms about my options and I’m interested in making up my own FAKRA cable so I can remove the camera from the light housing, come out of that camera hole in the third tail light above rear window through the Wall of the cap, just above the cap window along the ceiling in the cap, and then out the back next to the third tail light on the cap. I will fab a mounting bracket in the cap and attach existing camera. I see some places online where I can get connectors and cable, I’m assuming I need a crimp tool.
Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

flan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. One relocation I recall was from one of our regulars, I’ll add the link to where he started talking about it;

Users who are viewing this thread