Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Rebel!

Ryan0627

Reaction score
23' Level 2 Rebel with the 6.7

Loving the truck so far, no issues. I've installed Thuren 2.75 springs, Thuren valved Fox 2.0s front and rear, Thuren track bar, 35" Firestone destination MT/2s and Amp research power steps. I'm only 2 weeks into owning it lol. Next will be Thuren rear track bar, Thuren Rear coil shim kit and Firestone air bags. IMG_1756.jpg

jsalbre

Reaction score
Nice! Only thing I've added is miles. Lol
Been searching for steps or sliders but not much out there.
Any steps or sliders for any 2019+ crew cab short bed HD will fit.

P8trit

Reaction score
Well I tried a set of the RB10 and the middle bracket didn't fit and I've contacted a few that people suggested to be told nothing yet for the rebel diesel. Mopar only has the 2 to choose from and on the rebel they don't fit the style IMO.

Ryan0627

Reaction score
Well I tried a set of the RB10 and the middle bracket didn't fit and I've contacted a few that people suggested to be told nothing yet for the rebel diesel. Mopar only has the 2 to choose from and on the rebel they don't fit the style IMO.
jsalbre is correct, if the RB10 didn't fit, its an issue with the company, they are more of your "cookie cutter" company anyways. If any of these other companies are telling you maybe not, or hold off, its because they don't do as much R&D as others do. N-fab might be a good option if you want a fixed board. The cab is no different. I love my AMPs, if you decide to go that route I used part number AMP-76239-01A. That part number only works on the diesels if that's what you have.

jsalbre

Reaction score
There are no differences in the cab or frame for the Rebel vs any of the other trims. The only potential issue is on gas trucks which have active vibration dampers on the frame. Those get in the way of some boards. There should be nothing in the way on the diesel.

If one of the brackets didn’t fit then they sent you the wrong brackets.

44Dan44

Reaction score
There are no differences in the cab or frame for the Rebel vs any of the other trims. The only potential issue is on gas trucks which have active vibration dampers on the frame. Those get in the way of some boards. There should be nothing in the way on the diesel.

If one of the brackets didn’t fit then they sent you the wrong brackets.
Confirming active vibration dampeners on a 2023 6.4 are not a problem for Go Rhino RB series. If your problem on the middle bracket is the T plate, yes it is tighter, the inner rocker is closer at the middle, the T plate WILL fit, just give it a couple of taps with a rubber mallet. Also, there are left/right brackets, first photo below shows passenger side bracket/front. The drivers side bracket would obviously not fit here.
IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1036.JPGImage 5-9-23 at 3.48 AM.jpg
added looping in @P8trit

Last edited:

P8trit

Reaction score
jsalbre is correct, if the RB10 didn't fit, its an issue with the company, they are more of your "cookie cutter" company anyways. If any of these other companies are telling you maybe not, or hold off, its because they don't do as much R&D as others do. N-fab might be a good option if you want a fixed board. The cab is no different. I love my AMPs, if you decide to go that route I used part number AMP-76239-01A. That part number only works on the diesels if that's what you have.
I really do like the AMP but i worry with all the snow we get and dirt roads I travel on if they would actually last. Co worker has them and says he's never had an issue but he just moved here and I don't think he's been in snow like we get and I wheel in. lol

jsalbre

Reaction score
Many people have run both the AMP steps and the OEM power steps in lots of conditions. I don’t think I’ve seen more than one or two complaints about them.

The OEM steps are a pretty easy retrofit.

snocam

Reaction score
I've got the AMP Xls, and I was sceptical about how they would hold up here in VT. I live on a dirt road. Travel in snow often and mud all the time. So far they have been great. Last winter there was one morning we saw 30 below, at that temp the steps worked but were slow in operation. But that type of cold slows everything down! Hope this helps.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score

The brackets for my RB20's where a major b**ch to install on my '22 truck. Getting those T plates in a was a nightmare, but I was eventually able to get it all to line up. They may have also sent you some of the wrong parts (known to happen with go rhino).

Users who are viewing this thread