Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RAM Owner in Utah

bsdrocker

Reaction score
Hi all!

This last Saturday I made the plunge and purchased a 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie with the 6.7L Cummins HO w/ Aisin transmission. I traded in my 2016 Nissan Titan XD with the 5.0L V8 Cummins. I finally convinced my wife this last April to get a travel trailer, and we ended up getting an Open Range 338BHS - which is 40' and has a GVWR of 11,700lbs, so it was pushing the limits of the Titan XD. I'd been waffling between an F350 or RAM 3500 for several months, and had resigned myself to probably ordering one or the other next year some time. Anyhow, I found this 3500 at a smaller RAM dealer about an hour from my house that was priced very well for the market right now - one owner, clean CarFax. So I convinced the wife to go look at it with me. They offered me a great deal on the trade-in of my Titan XD (I bought it in 2018 for about $36k and they offered me $33k!), so we pulled the trigger. I couldn't be happier!

I've wanted a RAM truck since I was a kid. My Dad had a 1500 with a standard transmission, and my Grandpa still has a 2nd gen 2500 with the 5.9L 12-valve Cummins that he's had since 1996.

Attachments

• IMG_2275.jpg
    IMG_2275.jpg
    572.3 KB · Views: 21

Users who are viewing this thread