Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New LED Headlights?

ATXWagon23

Reaction score
Did Ram change the headlights on the 2023 Power Wagons? I just go mine and I noticed that it doesn't have the dual LED day time running lights on the top and bottom of the headlights which I personally liked. Mine has a single LED strip below the headlight. Is there a setting I can change?IMG_1036 (1).JPG

el_barto

Reaction score
Looks like those are the Projector headlights on the higher trim version. The dual strip ones are the mid tier reflector led units

superjoe83

Reaction score
Yep, those are the adaptive headlights that normally come on the top trim trucks
20230719_161233.jpg

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. It does look like it has the quad lights and adaptive projectors.

There's a setting in UConnect to enable/disable the adaptive lighting.

That lower strip is the Signature Lighting and you can't do anything with it except disable them using AlfaOBD.

The 75th Anniversary PW had those lights, but this is the first I've seen anyone post about them on a new truck.

jsalbre

Reaction score
Interesting. It does look like it has the quad lights and adaptive projectors.

There's a setting in UConnect to enable/disable the adaptive lighting.

That lower strip is the Signature Lighting and you can't do anything with it except disable them using AlfaOBD.

The 75th Anniversary PW had those lights, but this is the first I've seen anyone post about them on a new truck.
Previous level 3, and now level 2 PWs and Rebels have them.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
What do the adaptive headlights do?

It's one of the best features on the new trucks, IMO. The lens bends the beam to stay in the center of your field of view as you turn the steering wheel. The headlights on these trucks are incredible and were one of the big reasons I sprung for the 75A version over a lower trim.

ATXWagon23

Reaction score
I’m definitely going to turn that feature on. I was thinking about getting the morimoto 2 bangers and install them between my running boards and the pinch welds and wire them to my turn signals so it lights up the ground when I turn to help at night since my windows are tinted.

Docwagon1776

Reaction score
I’m definitely going to turn that feature on. I was thinking about getting the morimoto 2 bangers and install them between my running boards and the pinch welds and wire them to my turn signals so it lights up the ground when I turn to help at night since my windows are tinted.

You don't have to turn it on, at least on the '21, and I'm not sure you can turn it off. Cornering lights come on when you turn at low speed as well.

jsalbre

Reaction score
You don't have to turn it on, at least on the '21, and I'm not sure you can turn it off. Cornering lights come on when you turn at low speed as well.
It should be on by default. But you can disable it in the Uconnect settings. Not sure why anyone would want to though.

PhishWagon

Reaction score
My 22 came with these headlights too. the adaptive lights are pretty slick but I also like the DTRL with the upper and lower strips Which aren’t a feature with this truck. Oh well. Get used to oncoming cars flashing you. These headlights are bright

2powerwagons

Reaction score
Even the lower trim headlights are pretty good on these trucks. Even better if you enable the fogs with brights. Makes driving in deer country a little bit easier as they like to feed on the sides of the roads at night.

Users who are viewing this thread