Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW and Nervous

Firsttimeramowner

Reaction score
If it ever shows up ill be driving at 2022 H.O Cummins Laramie crew cab.... First diesel first ram.. currently driving a 04 Chevy so big changes are coming. Went ram because of Cummins and the interior I think its the nicest on the market looking at pictures and reviews. Never got to drive one because no dealer around had one on the lot. Live in norther Iowa and farm be pulling trailers quite a bit and hauling whatever I need. My family has been Chevy sense 1990 my dad and brother most recently went ford f250 powerstroke (because the Chevy is so ugly) nice truck just didn't love them hopefully I love the ram. Tell me what I should know about ram/Cummins

kobra

Reaction score
Welcome!
I think you will love your new RAM. My dad, grandpa, all my uncles, etc, were all GMC fans. My friends all seemed to have Fords. My first truck was a 7.3 Ford; great truck. But then my dad surprised us all by getting a new RAM dually with a cummins in the late 90s. Then he got a couple more. So eventually I had to get a RAM/ cummins also and have been there ever since.
Now I have a 2020 3500 Limited HO SRW with the Navy/White interior - it's the nicest truck I've ever driven. For a couple of decades RAM has had the powertrain; the Cummins pulls like a beast, the engine brake is a proper one that just digs the heavier you load it, and over the past decade or so they now have the nicest cab of all. Ok, so I'm a fan ;)

I do think you will really like your new truck and I hope you get it soon.

Brad

Photo, all loaded up on the Labor Day weekend...
IMG_6344.jpeg

Firsttimeramowner

Reaction score
Welcome!
I think you will love your new RAM. My dad, grandpa, all my uncles, etc, were all GMC fans. My friends all seemed to have Fords. My first truck was a 7.3 Ford; great truck. But then my dad surprised us all by getting a new RAM dually with a cummins in the late 90s. Then he got a couple more. So eventually I had to get a RAM/ cummins also and have been there ever since.
Now I have a 2020 3500 Limited HO SRW with the Navy/White interior - it's the nicest truck I've ever driven. For a couple of decades RAM has had the powertrain; the Cummins pulls like a beast, the engine brake is a proper one that just digs the heavier you load it, and over the past decade or so they now have the nicest cab of all. Ok, so I'm a fan ;)

I do think you will really like your new truck and I hope you get it soon.

Brad

Photo, all loaded up on the Labor Day weekend...
View attachment 21814
nice i will post photo's when i get it

dsneill

Reaction score
If it ever shows up ill be driving at 2022 H.O Cummins Laramie crew cab.... First diesel first ram.. currently driving a 04 Chevy so big changes are coming. Went ram because of Cummins and the interior I think its the nicest on the market looking at pictures and reviews. Never got to drive one because no dealer around had one on the lot. Live in norther Iowa and farm be pulling trailers quite a bit and hauling whatever I need. My family has been Chevy sense 1990 my dad and brother most recently went ford f250 powerstroke (because the Chevy is so ugly) nice truck just didn't love them hopefully I love the ram. Tell me what I should know about ram/Cummins
you will love it this is my 4th Ram two gas to diesel, soon to be 5 and 3 diesel

Grayson

Reaction score
Welcome! You will enjoy the Ram. The new GM vehicles are riddled with problems; hang on to the 2004 Chevy you have if you can. They keep going and going and super easy to repair. You chose correctly, the Aisin drives better with a load behind it not to mention how much better the exhaust brake is

Firsttimeramowner

Reaction score
Welcome! You will enjoy the Ram. The new GM vehicles are riddled with problems; hang on to the 2004 Chevy you have if you can. They keep going and going and super easy to repair. You chose correctly, the Aisin drives better with a load behind it not to mention how much better the exhaust brake is
the Chevy isn't going anywhere 283k miles on it worth more to me then anyone good pickup to drive back and forth for hog chores

Users who are viewing this thread