Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New 3500 Loose Transmission Crossmember Bolts- Warranty Question

SirHempCo

Reaction score
We recently purchased a new 3500. When I went to install the side steps I noticed that four bolts were loose (one of which was only held-on by a couple of threads). It appears to be the transmission crossmember, although I'm not sure... Any help in identifying the part as well as torque specs would be greatly appreciated. Adding insult to injury this was purchased from a dealership out of state so taking it back to the original dealership is out of the question. Anyone ever had this issue and was this remedied by your local dealership under warranty?

Attachments

• IMG_2743.jpg
    IMG_2743.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2745.jpg
    IMG_2745.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2748.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2747.jpg
    IMG_2747.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 26

superjoe83

Reaction score
If this was a '22 high output, the dealer may have performed the K1 snap ring TSB and forgot to tighten up the crossmember. If its a '23 then I have no idea how it could have been missed at the factory

joesmith

Reaction score
just tighten them. No need to torque them, just make sure they are nice and tight. Lots of stuff is overlooked on brand new trucks/cars, it happens

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
Yup more than once I have found loose bots on a new vehicle. Had a a Dakota with a rear shock flopping around.:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread