Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to find my gear ratio

asick313

Reaction score
Hi all! New to this site. I am trying to find out what the axle (gear) ratio is on my 2106 Dodge Ram 3500 6.4L Hemi truck. I googled this question and it brought me to this forum. I searched for the topic in the search bar and did not find any matching results. I have tried decoding the VIN # and it doesn’t have that info. Also, I crawled under the truck and took pictures of the only stickers that are readable and none of them are the gear ratio. The sticker that is on the axle housing is actually worn away so I can’t read any of the writing. Any suggestions? Other than take it to the mechanic…and count your gears…

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Hi all! New to this site. I am trying to find out what the axle (gear) ratio is on my 2106 Dodge Ram 3500 6.4L Hemi truck. I googled this question and it brought me to this forum. I searched for the topic in the search bar and did not find any matching results. I have tried decoding the VIN # and it doesn’t have that info. Also, I crawled under the truck and took pictures of the only stickers that are readable and none of them are the gear ratio. The sticker that is on the axle housing is actually worn away so I can’t read any of the writing. Any suggestions? Other than take it to the mechanic…and count your gears…
Welcome.

I'm assuming the year is a typo and you're really not here visiting from 82 years in the future (If I'm wrong I would guess you'll start getting a ton of questions coming your way).
I'm not sure how you tried decoding your VIN, but assuming nothing has been replaced, you should be able to see what your truck was built with by viewing the window sticker. You can do that by adding your VIN (using small letters and no caps) to the end of this URL https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Users who are viewing this thread