Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation not working on 2021 ram

DOG

Reaction score
My fancy navigation doesn’t work in my new truck and I get emails wanting money to keep it working. I am 68 years old and have bought many cars and trucks but never had my navigation turn into a boat anchor because I won’t pay monthly payments to keep it going. Very disappointed in Dodge Ram having to stoop that low.

Diesel42

Reaction score
Shouldn't be that way as the Nav is a stand alone system, no subscriptions required. The rotten Sirius Sat does require monthly ransom for some things but not the Navigation.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
The baked in NAV is crap... AA/CarPlay/WAZE are light years ahead in every aspect.
Hell, maps can be downloaded for 'off line' use as well... I have yet to find a reason to use any native NAV on any vehicle I've owned.

DOG

Reaction score
The baked in NAV is crap... AA/CarPlay/WAZE are light years ahead in every aspect.
Hell, maps can be downloaded for 'off line' use as well... I have yet to find a reason to use any native NAV on any vehicle I've owned.
This NAV gives me directions in my windshield along with talking to me . I never have to look away from traffic (WHEN IT WORKS). Why would I have to pay for upgrades on a 2021 RAM

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
This NAV gives me directions in my windshield along with talking to me . I never have to look away from traffic (WHEN IT WORKS). Why would I have to pay for upgrades on a 2021 RAM

I don't have to look away from traffic either... just plug in my phone and run the NAV of choice.
I really don't see how a HUD makes it any better... kinda like lipstick on a pig, but if you like it, roll with it.

As @Diesel42 mentioned, it is likely the SIRIUS part of the NAV which you need to pay for... that's been the business model for a rather long time.

Which is why I go back and say the NAV is crap as you get everything you need on AA/CarPlay/Waze...

Dan the Ram Man

Reaction score
I talked to uconnect and there is a work around to this problem. I've had the problem for a couple weeks now, The work around is as follows.

Press “where to” then other destinations, might have to press “more options” then may see “other destinations”

Press “address” at bottom of screen,

Enter country, state, city then street then house # then “route here”

OR YOU CAN DO THIS

Press voice recognition button on steering wheel and hold button down, say “navigate to”

Then say country, state, city, street then house #

DepotsNutz

Reaction score
I talked to uconnect and there is a work around to this problem. I've had the problem for a couple weeks now, The work around is as follows.

Press “where to” then other destinations, might have to press “more options” then may see “other destinations”

Press “address” at bottom of screen,

Enter country, state, city then street then house # then “route here”

OR YOU CAN DO THIS

Press voice recognition button on steering wheel and hold button down, say “navigate to”

Then say country, state, city, street then house #
The "Where To" option works but is cumbersome. I've never tried the voice recognition, but will when my subscription expires... I'm not paying $225 next time!

DepotsNutz

Reaction score
I don't have to look away from traffic either... just plug in my phone and run the NAV of choice.
I really don't see how a HUD makes it any better... kinda like lipstick on a pig, but if you like it, roll with it.

As @Diesel42 mentioned, it is likely the SIRIUS part of the NAV which you need to pay for... that's been the business model for a rather long time.

Which is why I go back and say the NAV is crap as you get everything you need on AA/CarPlay/Waze...
Will your phone apps tie into the 12" nav screen, or do you have to look at the phone?
The SiriusXM Guardian Convenience Package is what's currently required. I re-subscribed this time but will not again, when it expires.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Sounds like HUD, which is not available in the HD trucks. That implies you have a 1500.

This is the HDRAMS site. You may be looking for the sister site https://5thgenrams.com/community/

As said, NAV is standalone and requires no subscription, there's somethin else going on.

DepotsNutz

Reaction score
Sounds like HUD, which is not available in the HD trucks. That implies you have a 1500.

This is the HDRAMS site. You may be looking for the sister site https://5thgenrams.com/community/

As said, NAV is standalone and requires no subscription, there's somethin else going on.
NAV requires the SiriusXM Guardian Convenience Package to be 100% operational. I have confirmed this personally.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
My fancy navigation doesn’t work in my new truck and I get emails wanting money to keep it working. I am 68 years old and have bought many cars and trucks but never had my navigation turn into a boat anchor because I won’t pay monthly payments to keep it going. Very disappointed in Dodge Ram having to stoop that low.
Hello Dog,

Thank you for reaching out to Ram Cares regarding your vehicle concern. We do apologize for the experience that you’ve encountered with your vehicle. Can you please provide us with your VIN and a screenshot of your Uconnect System Information in a private message, we would be happy to look into this concern for you. Put your vehicle into the ON or ACC position and perform the following--

Go to “Vehicle Settings” then select “ System
Information” and look for “Version Information”

William
Ram Cares

NC Rebel

Reaction score
The factory nav works fine for me without the "package". I use Waze or Google maps 99 percent of the time though.

DepotsNutz

Reaction score
The factory nav works fine for me without the "package". I use Waze or Google maps 99 percent of the time though.
If you plug your phone in and use Google maps, do you see THEIR map on the 12” NAV screen, or U-Connect’s map and Google maps routing??

NC Rebel

Reaction score
If you plug your phone in and use Google maps, do you see THEIR map on the 12” NAV screen, or U-Connect’s map and Google maps routing??
Google maps or Waze works fine on my 12 inch screen, but you will only be able to use half of the screen instead of the whole screen.

Users who are viewing this thread