Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation audible instructions

Buckrub

Reaction score
First, how do I turn OFF the audible instructions on the Navigation part of the screen? I like the built in Nav, that's great. But the talking bothers me. I found 3 settings and chose the one that doesn't have audible in it. I also have muted the radio portion on the MUTE button. Still it talks to me...."in one half mile, keep left". I can't seem to turn it off.

That said, there's a Gremlin I can't figure out. When it finishes telling me what to do, it says some phrase that the best I can tell says "NO NOBLE". Can't hear it well. Seems to have no bearing on anything. What is it saying and how do I shut it up? LOL

Thanks.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
when have the navigation running, there is a round icon on the screen to mute notifications, lower left hand side.

Buckrub

Reaction score
I found that one.

What I can't figure out is why when it is giving audible directions, after giving them (about half the time) it says, outloud "NO NOBLE". Makes no sense.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I think you’re going to have to record a video of that for us. Maybe then someone can figure it out for you.

Buckrub

Reaction score
OK, I'll try. But it's random almost, and 'sudden'. One guy I talked to seems to think it's saying "NO NODAL".........which he THINKS might mean that the truck doesn't have NAV connections via Cellular so that it would get Real Time Traffic updates. The GPS will give turn-by-turn instructions but if there is some new traffic/construction, it doesn't know........which a Real Time NAV like Sirius/XM would know.

That's as good a guess as any I've heard. Odd that no one else has ever heard this. Could be Aliens communicating directly with me for some reason..............................................:D:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread