Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery Plugs

rdr

Reaction score
Does anyone know what these two plugs are near the spare tire mount and rear bumper? there's one on each side. I tried my voltmeter and could not figure out how to power them on. I was hoping to use these to power lights on my new bumper. Thanks in advance!IMG_5146.jpg

stinson87

Reaction score
I think one is for the TTPMS trailer tire pressure monitor system. not sure about the other, usually they have a cap.

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I think one is for the TTPMS trailer tire pressure monitor system. not sure about the other, usually they have a cap.

Probably the trailer cam module. The TTPMS and Cam options use separate modules back there.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Probably the trailer cam module. The TTPMS and Cam options use separate modules back there.

4th gen wouldn't have those and the plug isn't correct anyway.

Trailer camera doesn't have any modules, it's wired to the radio. Also not a 4th gen thing.

stinson87

Reaction score
4th gen wouldn't have those and the plug isn't correct anyway.

Trailer camera doesn't have any modules, it's wired to the radio. Also not a 4th gen thing.
I forgot the 4th gen it was mentioned in early marketing but never came through until 4.5... when they had the parts... sometimes.... then backordered.... :rolleyes:

would those be for air bag level sensors? its only a two wire connection so not a pot... hmmm.

Whiteram2018

Reaction score
It's the plugs for the bed lights. I just turned mine on the alfa obd. I'm ordering the lights

Chris85xlt

Reaction score
It's the plugs for the bed lights. I just turned mine on the alfa obd. I'm ordering the lights
did the factory lights plug in?

i just installed the factory bed light. ran the included harness from the back all the way to under the hood. wish i knew the empty plugs were for the bed lights haha. i thought the plugs was for the passive keyless door entry antenna module thats supposed to be mounted by the hitch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread