Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar 5th wheel mount/frame

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
Thought I would start in the towing section for this one. I'm trying to find the four latching pucks that this bracket would use. I'm not even sure if they can be purchased separately or if I just need to purchase this hitch frame.

I'm going to use the pucks and build my own bracket/frame for an accessory mount in the bed. I figure the factory anchor points will work great for a universal mount for things like a floor jack and even a removable tool/storage box. Also, if anyone has one of these frames they no longer want, I may be interested in purchasing it for the right price.

Attachments

• 5724388ee9c3838e20f8cf0a7ddb964c.JPG
    5724388ee9c3838e20f8cf0a7ddb964c.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 24

farmallboy

Stump Killer
Reaction score
Going to follow this.

Had thoughts of doing the same thing but only reasonable thing I could benefit would be a transfer tank and I haven't bought one yet! I need my tool box when I pull my goose so it has to stay in front of the puck setup.

Good luck!

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Thought I would start in the towing section for this one. I'm trying to find the four latching pucks that this bracket would use. I'm not even sure if they can be purchased separately or if I just need to purchase this hitch frame.

I'm going to use the pucks and build my own bracket/frame for an accessory mount in the bed. I figure the factory anchor points will work great for a universal mount for things like a floor jack and even a removable tool/storage box. Also, if anyone has one of these frames they no longer want, I may be interested in purchasing it for the right price.
The puck system is part of the fifth wheel prep package. I have seen them listed on one of the Mopar accessory sites with no current availability.
I purchased the same style bracket as you, but i bought it from Huskey as my hitch is husky. Also it was about $200 less than the mopar or reece one.

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
I guess I misspoke on the actual parts I'm looking for. I have the 5th wheel prep package, which has the brackets attached to the frame and the holes pre-drilled in the bed. What I need are the 4 quarter turn pins that drop into the mounts attached to the frame. If I had those four parts, I could design and weld up my own custom quick-release brackets, which would be the basis for attaching a tool box, storage boxes, a spare tire, or whatever I can think up. If you purchase the gooseneck kit from Mopar or B&W, they come with two pins, which are used for the safety chains. I don't know if I could modify those to work for my application, but I doubt it. I guess I just need to go look at some 5th wheel hitches, and see if I can buy a set of those.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Or you could just buy this Husky base on ebay for $200.

Husky Towing 33146

Reese has a similar one...

diesel_driver_3500

Reaction score
Thanks @Brutal_HO ! Those are exactly what I was looking for. I had actually looked on the etrailer.com website, but I didn't search using the parts proper names. Certainly much cheaper than buying the complete Mopar hitch frame.

Users who are viewing this thread