Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max towing for 2022 PW L3, 6.4L, 4.10 gears, towing package

Maui Time

Reaction score
I am purchasing a piece of equipment in another state. The tow would be about 1,000 miles. No mountains but plenty of decent hills. My 22' trailer weighs in about 2,000 lbs. The equipment will weigh somewhere around 9,500-10,000lbs. Payload will be around 700lbs including people, fuel and safety equipment. From what I can tell, that puts me around 1,000 lbs over towing capacity. I have used an online freight hauling platform and received numerous quotes to transport the equipment to me ranging from $2,000-$4000 and am considering just picking it up myself and towing it back to my place. Please share your thoughts on what experiences you have had doing something similar. Flame on!

Firebird

Reaction score
All I can say, is that a PW has a very soft suspension, and that load would probably exceed that trucks abilities

MEGA HO

Reaction score
If your trailer can handle the load, then your truck, in my opinion, will handle the trailer, 12,000# is about max for a 1/2 ton and isn't much at all for a 3/4 ton truck. I'd do it. Just keep your speed lower

Maui Time

Reaction score
If your trailer can handle the load, then your truck, in my opinion, will handle the trailer, 12,000# is about max for a 1/2 ton and isn't much at all for a 3/4 ton truck. I'd do it. Just keep your speed lower
Thanks. The trailer is rated at 14K. Keeping the speed lower is not a problem for me. When under any sizeable load I am typically around 60mph on the highways.

BikePilot

Reaction score
I recently had a 11k lbs ctl delivered for about $2/mike. At that pricing I'm more than happy to pay someone else. By the time you pay for fuel, vehicle maintenance, and depreciation your time is probably getting $20/hr or so. If you are going to tow it I'd want to make sure th trailer brakes are in good shape and working well, and I'd add airbags so the rear end doesn't say too much.

Users who are viewing this thread