Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lug nut replacement

Ramtop

Reaction score
I rotated my tires a couple days ago and several of the OEM lug nuts are starting to swell so that it’s hard to get the socket on and off. I’m going to get some new ones to replace them. Looking online, there is unlimited choices from OEM at $15-16 apiece down to $2-3 apiece for generic ones on Amazon or EBay. Is there a quality difference between them and what should I look for? I want to stay with the OEM chrome style.

CdnHO

Reaction score
Mopar must be really proud of those puppies.:eek:

dieselscout80

Reaction score
I’d like to find a set that each lugnut is a solid piece of steel rather than ones with a sheet metal cap that is easily damaged.

The other issue is I don’t want to pay lots for them.

Last edited:

deanfx

Reaction score

Ramtop

Reaction score
I got these and like em pretty good.
Thank you for sharing. There is so many listings for lug nuts on EBay and Amazon and is hard to choose which ones are good ones.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I’d like to find a set that each lugnut is a solid piece of steel rather than ones with a sheet metal cap that is easily damaged.

The other issue is I don’t want to pay lots for them.
They make tons of chrome plated nuts not the Chrome capped ones. And they are cheap! My 2019 i sent the nuts to our local plating shop when i sent a hydraulic cylinder stem out for rechroming it cost me nothing i have the steel wheels so finding plated nuts is not common.

Riddick

Reaction score
McGard makes high quality lugs but you will pay a premium. I purchased a black set of McGards 2 years ago and they are holding up perfect so far.

Users who are viewing this thread