Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud idle in gear

Cas

Reaction score
I was in a fast food line today with my window rolled down and I noticed engine idle noise was significantly louder in gear pushing the brake and not moving, than in park.
I have a 2022 2500 Limited with the diesel engine. I have not noticed this before, not sure if something is wrong or if I just haven’t noticed because my windows are almost always up.
anybody ever noticed this?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I was in a fast food line today with my window rolled down and I noticed engine idle noise was significantly louder in gear pushing the brake and not moving, than in park.
I have a 2022 2500 Limited with the diesel engine. I have not noticed this before, not sure if something is wrong or if I just haven’t noticed because my windows are almost always up.
anybody ever noticed this?

Sounds like you were in regen. The idle sounds different as the engine is trying to build heat in the exhaust.

RamItHome

Reaction score
Agreed on the regen. It stops the process in park. It will need to run a certain amount of time to finish the job. Under the dpf screen (scroll through) on the instruments you can see if is taking place and when it is done.

Users who are viewing this thread