Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost the tranny

Texasram2500

Reaction score
I have a 2018 ram 2500 4x4 6.4 hemi. 54k miles. On 9/28 while driving home from a short trip my tranny blew. Had it towed in to dealership. They said it was covered under the 5/60 . Tranny has been on order just shy of 90 days. The dealership was giving me projected delivery dates until this last one in December 23rd. Now nothing. Anyone else with this nationwide back order issue? I guess it’s time to manufacture the damn parts in the USA rather overseas. Ba Humbug

Nick

Reaction score
They don't have time to send a Tranny ... Too busy putting them in new trucks !

6.7cumminsman

Reaction score
I have a 2018 ram 2500 4x4 6.4 hemi. 54k miles. On 9/28 while driving home from a short trip my tranny blew. Had it towed in to dealership. They said it was covered under the 5/60 . Tranny has been on order just shy of 90 days. The dealership was giving me projected delivery dates until this last one in December 23rd. Now nothing. Anyone else with this nationwide back order issue? I guess it’s time to manufacture the damn parts in the USA rather overseas. Ba Humbug
Do you have the 68RFE in yours even though it's a Hemi? I have a 15 Ram 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins/ 68rfe transmission combo and my transmission went out just after the 5-year warranty ran out last year... Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. After reading more on the forums though I quickly found out that there are a lot more people who have had issues with the 68rfe like me. I ended up just ordering a remanufactured tranny with the factory defects resolved from these guys, https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=68RFE, for only like 3200 bucks so not terrible, and its better than stock with a 5-year warranty. I didn't feel the need to spend 6-7k on a built tranny but that's just me.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Do you have the 68RFE in yours even though it's a Hemi? I have a 15 Ram 2500 with the 6.7 Cummins/ 68rfe transmission combo and my transmission went out just after the 5-year warranty ran out last year... Needless to say, I wasn't too happy. After reading more on the forums though I quickly found out that there are a lot more people who have had issues with the 68rfe like me. I ended up just ordering a remanufactured tranny with the factory defects resolved from these guys, https://reman-transmission.com/transmission-codes/?code=68RFE, for only like 3200 bucks so not terrible, and its better than stock with a 5-year warranty. I didn't feel the need to spend 6-7k on a built tranny but that's just me.
No the hemi has the ZF75hp8…. And the 68rfe you have is different than the new ones all the past issues are resolved apparently

Texasram2500

Reaction score
Well the dealership called yesterday and my truck is ready. Coincidentally, I filed a lemon law case right befor Christmas and last Wednesday, I received an email from the attorney stating Chrysler denied my claim and they would no longer be representing me. I called the dealership on Thursday. The service manager stated oh we were going to call you, we have all your parts and a transmission to get you going .
I want to believe that the leverage of the lemon law case helped to expedite the repair, but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread