Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost access to Waze

wrvond

Reaction score
Yesterday I got in the truck and connected my iPhone via USB as normal. I selected Apple Car Play from the menu at the bottom of the 12" screen and selected Waze from the Car Play display. Drove up to Michigan and everything worked fine. Conducted my business and got ready to leave. Waze was still loaded (never disconnected my phone) and I plugged in my home destination. Still working well. Stopped for fuel and left the phone plugged in again (no different than earlier). When I got back in the truck, suddenly Waze was no longer available and the phone was no longer connected. I tried several things while driving to get the phone to reconnect, including restarting the phone. Nothing worked. At my earliest opportunity I turned the truck off and restarted it. The phone connected but Car Play still didn't work right and Waze was not available the rest of the trip except on the phone itself.
Any thoughts on how to get this back working properly?

jsalbre

Reaction score
Hard restart your phone, and the infotainment (hold the power button down until it reboots).

wrvond

Reaction score
I did power the phone down completely and restart, which made no difference, but I did not reboot the infotainment (I forgot about that). I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread