Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loss of power to sun visor

Underdog387

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues losing power to the driver’s side sun visor? I recently (a week or so ago) noticed that my Homelink stopped working. I thought that it just lost the code for my door. I tried reprogramming this past weekend and realized there’s no lights on the Homelink module nor on the vanity mirror lights. There’s no fuse linked to this and the overhead console still works like normal. Any ideas on what I can do to restore power to this and get it working again? My local Ram dealer wants $215 as a diagnostic fee to look at it.

Ostracize

Reaction score
Unscrew the mount screws and check for loose connection there, check for power at that connection(truck side), if no power problem is deeper.. Possibly bcm or other module.
If there is power at headliner then there's a wiring issue in the visor itself.

Andrewski

Reaction score
I just started having this problem on my 2021 2500. I think it's a bad connection, but I haven't taken anything apart yet to confirm. When it first started happening, I could move the visor sideways to get the connection back. Now it's not working at all. Were you able to fix your problem?

Users who are viewing this thread