Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to access say 20 albums on Limited Stereo system.

RiverRunner

Reaction score
First off, I've gotta say Ram did a great job on the sound system in my MY24 Limited. I'm very happy.

I want to find a way to have like 20 albums available to listen to off my usb source.

Has anyone found a way for the USB Source for music to show "by album, versus just by song?" I copied a bunch of mp3 albums to a thumbdrive and the "by album organization" is not visible, all the songs show up one after the other on the drive.

Right now the only way I see to use the usb Source is to only record one album at a time on a usb drive, then switch usb drives to switch to a new album.

I'm in dire need of a teenager right now.........

Anyone found a solution to this issue?

Last edited:

unclelala

Reaction score
First off, I've gotta say Ram did a great job on the sound system in my MY24 Limited. I'm very happy.

I want to find a way to have like 20 albums available to listen to off my usb source.

Has anyone found a way for the USB Source for music to show "by album, versus just by song?" I copied a bunch of mp3 albums to a thumbdrive and the "by album organization" is not visible, all the songs show up one after the other on the drive.

Right now the only way I see to use the usb Source is to only record one album at a time on a usb drive, then switch usb drives to switch to a new album.

I'm in dire need of a teenager right now.........

Anyone found a solution to this issue?
Yup mp3. I bought a fifty dollar Amazon MP3 player and it works good so far for 2 years now. The Ram interface works better than my old 2017 Ram, Pathfinder and our Altima with the player.
I used ITunes mostly over the years to tag the songs which gives Album, Song, Artist etc. as well as the album art.

Last edited:

RiverRunner

Reaction score
Yup mp3. I bought a fifty dollar Amazon MP3 player and it works good so far for 2 years now. The Ram interface works better than my old 2017 Ram, Pathfinder and our Altima with the player.
I used ITunes mostly over the years to tag the songs which gives Album, Song, Artist etc. as well as the album art.
So are you controlling what plays off the MP3 player or does the info flow through to the RAM stereo? Might be simpler to control through the MP3 player as it also would have a graphic equalizer. I've not found a graphic equalizer on the RAM radio beyond a simple three frequency option.

I guess I can use my phone to control music via Android auto like you are doing with the MP3 player, just thought I'd try to make it simple with the USB drive.

Thank you very much for the reply.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The UC 5 should have it as the UC4 had all kinds of options to sort by in the browser. I have a 2tb SSD hooked up to my 19 with no issues sorting by album/ artist/ genre…

Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
All of the MP3's show up and play, there is just no album organization. I honestly don't know what a valid tag would be.

When a song is playing, does it show the song title, artist, album?

What does the file properties show if you stick it in a PC?

RiverRunner

Reaction score

H3LZSN1P3R -​

Found the browse options while in the truck this PM. Wow, the browser allows a guy to go to the exact place in a long list of artists or albums to find what you are listening to. I'm very glad this worked, as the sound quality off the USB is better than blue tooth off the phone.
Thank you for responding. I would have got there with just your post.

Now I have to figure out why I get an engine malfunction email and dashboard message every time I play around with the stereo in ACC mode. Not setting any codes, just triggers email and dashboard error prompts. I'm not even starting the truck to play with the stereo.....

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

H3LZSN1P3R -​

Found the browse options while in the truck this PM. Wow, the browser allows a guy to go to the exact place in a long list of artists or albums to find what you are listening to. I'm very glad this worked, as the sound quality off the USB is better than blue tooth off the phone.

Now I have to figure out why I get an engine malfunction email and dashboard message every time I play around with the stereo in ACC mode. Not setting any codes, just triggers email and dashboard error prompts. I'm not even starting the truck to play with the stereo.....
No problem thats what we are here for glad you got it figured out

As far are the error codes i would not put much effort into it as these trucks seem to give fake errors through email.

wrvond

Reaction score

H3LZSN1P3R -​

If I leave mine in accessory too long I get the same email. It’s always cleared without issue so I don’t worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread