Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light bulb moment with tow mirrors

Ickabod

Reaction score
Well, I just had an AHA! moment. As I just starting towing with the new 2500, I keep flipping the tow mirrors up and down often...having to adjust them each time. Well, the wife will never drive the 2500, so that leaves open a memory setting. So I save memory 1 to normal driving, and memory 2 for towing, so it automatically adjusts the mirrors! (The seat and stations stay the same...)

tchur1

Reaction score
It would be great if the truck saved the mirror settings to the trailer profile that you select when you hook up. My fiance drives my truck and is 8" shorter than me so using the second memory option doesn't work for me unfortunately.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be great if the truck saved the mirror settings to the trailer profile that you select when you hook up. My fiance drives my truck and is 8" shorter than me so using the second memory option doesn't work for me unfortunately.

That kinda sounds like her problem. LOL

bamorris2

Reaction score
Just an FYI…The truck’s memory mirrors already have this feature built in. No need to use the 2nd memory button. With the mirrors in the down position, adjust your mirrors to the non-towing setting and then save as position #1. Now put the mirrors in the up position and adjust them how you like when towing. Now save that setting again as memory #1. Done.

When the mirrors are down, press #1 and that original position will be recalled. When the mirrors are up, press #1 again and now the saved towing adjustments will be recalled.

Only problem is that the spotter mirror position can’t be saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread