Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

License Plate Screws

johanh13

Reaction score
My truck is missing the screws for the license plates, both front and rear. Any chance someone knows what size they are ? Or could post a photo? TIA

79 300

Reaction score
These trucks don't have holes for license plate screws from the factory, the dealer drills them, so yours might be different from another truck's. Just find any self tapping screw that fits -they go into plastic so slightly larger is better than too small.

b307a1

Reaction score
My truck is missing the screws for the license plates, both front and rear. Any chance someone knows what size they are ? Or could post a photo? TIA
Do you have the front plate bracket mounted? If so, those same screws also used to mount the plate and I use #14 x 3/4" for the rear.

johanh13

Reaction score
Y
Do you have the front plate bracket mounted? If so, those same screws also used to mount the plate and I use #14 x 3/4" for the rear.
Yes, I have the front bracket. so the screws that hold the bracket are the same as the ones used to secure the plate?

Users who are viewing this thread