Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets talk Money $$$$

jadmt

Reaction score
It's not really about stupid. Yeah Joe's a complete idiot and always has been but the rest of the liberal elites are calling out the plays precisely according to their playbook. They fully intend to keep all of us normal folks in pain as much as possible. After all, energy prices doubling doesn't affect them in the least. The rest of us have to limit going out to eat, maybe our travel and vacations and anything else that we would typically do with disposable income. Oh well, that's just what "they" want.

As for dealing with it all? I'm working a 3rd job now. And it's not like I'm working day and night, I just started doing a little mechanic work a day or two a week since I'm only working 3-4 days a week for my primary paycheck. And my farming sideline only takes up a few weeks from June to October.

Also, put a brake caliper on my old LeSabre that it's been needing for a while. It's an '03 and it'll still get 30mpg highway. Anytime I don't need a HD truck, I drive the old turd wherever I need to go. It rides nicer than anything else I own and it's pretty comfy.

On your HD trucks, keeping the tires pumped up makes a difference. Even if you like running them at 50-60 psi, if you can stand 80 that's where they'll get the best mileage, especially towing.

I don't have my Ram yet but I used to run an S&B CAI on my Dmax's. The oiled cotton filter was worth a little mileage. I know they're a hot topic, guys either love them or hate them with the dissenters claiming you'd just as well dump dirt in your engine. But running on the highway, they're fine, just don't over oil them. I ran a 2012 Dmax up to 333k miles with one and it not only still didn't burn any oil, Blackstone Labs oil analysis showed that I was running every bit as clean an oil sample as those who ran paper filters. So take that for what it's worth and do what you will.

I really can't complain about 2020 and 2021. My wife has a good job and we've been busy and doing well. But I know it hasn't been that easy for everyone. Hopefully we'll get this all behind us and back to "normal" soon.
I see 0 difference and I have did back to back runs to verify this from having my tires pumped up to their max ie 60/65 and 45/40. I would not run a tire with a max psi of 65 at 80psi. tires on my truck are 65 max psi.

sanda

Reaction score

Oil and gas wells produce condensate at different amounts depending on formations. Gas wells in Colorado produce mainly gas with small amounts of other products that are separated out and sold. Oil wells have many of the same condensate materials. The condensate of these wells adds very little to our overall needs.

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
As far as earning some extra cash-- OP, what are you hobbies? Can you make any side money doing them?
Hahaha, no I wasn't specifically looking into making more money, I rather spend less.
But my hobbies are motorsports (racing a spec racer ford in the central division), some fabricating and welding. Of course sports like running but that is not relevant I guess.
I thought that with TIG welding aluminum I could find some money but it is difficult to find any people who need stuff welded.

Just learned that up to 2020 selling stuff on Ebay was limited to 20k$ until the IRS was notified, looks like the Biden administration lowered that limit to 600$ per year starting in 2021!!! So that is becoming more difficult too.

Anyhow I prefer saving money by being smart and not wasteful and I expect that from the government too instead of raising taxes.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hahaha, no I wasn't specifically looking into making more money, I rather spend less.
But my hobbies are motorsports (racing a spec racer ford in the central division), some fabricating and welding. Of course sports like running but that is not relevant I guess.
I thought that with TIG welding aluminum I could find some money but it is difficult to find any people who need stuff welded.

Just learned that up to 2020 selling stuff on Ebay was limited to 20k$ until the IRS was notified, looks like the Biden administration lowered that limit to 600$ per year starting in 2021!!! So that is becoming more difficult too.

Anyhow I prefer saving money by being smart and not wasteful and I expect that from the government too instead of raising taxes.
Thats brutal here its 30k before tax needs to be involved, at 600$ you cant sell anything really

whitexc

Reaction score

Pics of race car?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

fuchsroehre

Reaction score
Sure! Happy to show and tell!
Spec racer 3 from SCCA Enterprises. Was Spec Renault.
Its a spec class with sealed transmission, 1.6l Ford engine. About 130HP, 1560lbs with driver.
Lap times are pretty good with that car and it is a lot of fun at "reasonable" cost. Probably the best bang for the buck if you want to do racing.
Racing BIR, Road America, Black Hawk Farms, Mid Ohio. These are all tracks where you have to turn the steering wheel left and right. :)

Screenshot 2022-03-09 180538.jpg
Screenshot 2022-03-09 180456.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

whitexc

Reaction score
Very cool. Sounds like fun for sure, especially the road courses. Best of luck and stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread