Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

flan

Reaction score
That would be a fun car to play with. I had an MK5 Jetta than a GTI. I miss them at times :(
I have a 04 tdi 5sp with 262k I ran for the last 90k but the body is beat. Engine is great rebuilt 02J trans with 20k on it. This has the 1.8 and auto. Body is pretty decent for a 171k mile northeast car. It should be a fun project to swap drivetrains over spare time in the summer. Get back to 43mpg or so will also be nice since gas is pushing $4 by summer it seems..

70Beee

Reaction score
Wife and I drove down to Lake Havasu Arizona the end of January for a couple of months of trail riding in the Can Am. First time with a trailer in tow. An uneventful trip both ways with no real snow or ice this time. Still learning about the trucks features and capabilities.

Attachments

• IMG_7989.jpeg
    IMG_7989.jpeg
    647.1 KB · Views: 38

Pasta4lnch

Reaction score
94FE74CF-CB54-48D4-9804-E3C6B11D70DC-X5.jpg
I've had a chance to drive locally w this now a few times. It's so amazing. The truck barely feels it. This is 6' longer and significantly heavier than my last rig. While my 1500 pulled that like a champ, it didn't like the weight so much. The back hardly goes down w this attached. I need to back up a hill to park - slow and steady, the engine never feels strained. Turning is a sketchy tho, lol, so far so good o_O

We go to Lake George in a few weeks. Can't wait to get off the Island and stretch her legs...

4FishLimit

Reaction score
First official tow in the books.

Decided to escape the city for a bit and do a little camping on BLM land over Memorial Day.

According to the dash I averaged just under 13 MPG round trip, which included some driving not hitched up. My 1500 was lucky to get 10 MPG towing the same trailer.IMG_2621.jpegIMG_2625.jpeg

Blackpowder

Reaction score
Picked up our new trailer recently and completed the initial shakedown trip. Really like the trailer and the extra space compared to our last one. The extra weight is no issue for the Cummins, and should hopefully help keep the DPF squeeky clean. Haha

Attachments

• 20240519_153225.jpg
    20240519_153225.jpg
    635.8 KB · Views: 46

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
What Model is your Trailer?
Picked up our new trailer recently and completed the initial shakedown trip. Really like the trailer and the extra space compared to our last one. The extra weight is no issue for the Cummins, and should hopefully help keep the DPF squeeky clean. Haha

unclelala

Reaction score
Bought the truck the end of last year but just now got a chance to go somewhere with the camper. New Curt Q20 slider set at it's lowest possible height still left plenty of room over the bed rails.

View attachment 73744
I know that profile anywhere....I think.... is that the 24 RDS. I have the same . Mine is a 2021 24 RDS.

wrvond

Reaction score
I know that profile anywhere....I think.... is that the 24 RDS. I have the same . Mine is a 2021 24 RDS.
Indeed! It’s a 22 model but back then they were only changing the numbers and not the camper. Mine was supposed to have the spring loaded solid steps but has the completely manual solid steps instead.
Still, it’s been very reliable thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread