Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lemon Law?

Bigspender101

Reaction score
I have a 2022 2500 6.4 and I have been having problems filling at the pump. Every 10 seconds it clicks off. I tried 4 different gas stations with the same results. Long story long, I took it to the dealer in December and they couldn't replicate it of course. So sure enough it kept happening. So I took it in for a second time and they said they are replacing some filter. a day later, they said they had fixed it as they filled up at their own pump. After leaving, I took it to a gas station right down the street and it was doing it again. So I took it in for a 3rd time and this time I told them the tank needs to be replaced as there is a new version that is suppose to be a fix for it. Which is odd to me that they didn't bring that up the first time. I had to research it myself and tell the service manager. The service manage ordered the new tank. After it was installed I took it to yet another gas station. Hooray! It didn't do it....I was so relieved. Well, now it's doing it again 3 weeks after the new tank. I am super frustrated and I am wondering, if this constitutes a lemon Law suit? I know it's not a third world problem but it's super annoying to say the least. And for the dealer to actually know there is a problem and not tell consumers is pure BS. Any advise would be appreciated. I am in California by the way....

baker01

Reaction score
I have a 2022 2500 6.4 and I have been having problems filling at the pump. Every 10 seconds it clicks off. I tried 4 different gas stations with the same results. Long story long, I took it to the dealer in December and they couldn't replicate it of course. So sure enough it kept happening. So I took it in for a second time and they said they are replacing some filter. a day later, they said they had fixed it as they filled up at their own pump. After leaving, I took it to a gas station right down the street and it was doing it again. So I took it in for a 3rd time and this time I told them the tank needs to be replaced as there is a new version that is suppose to be a fix for it. Which is odd to me that they didn't bring that up the first time. I had to research it myself and tell the service manager. The service manage ordered the new tank. After it was installed I took it to yet another gas station. Hooray! It didn't do it....I was so relieved. Well, now it's doing it again 3 weeks after the new tank. I am super frustrated and I am wondering, if this constitutes a lemon Law suit? I know it's not a third world problem but it's super annoying to say the least. And for the dealer to actually know there is a problem and not tell consumers is pure BS. Any advise would be appreciated. I am in California by the way....
I did a lemon law for a truck in California (not RAM). Can you lemon law it? Yes you could, but getting an attorney specializing in Lemon Law to take the case could be difficult. They normally won't take the case unless it has a high probability of winning. A non lemon law attorney might take the case but you would probably have to pay them up front and would be out a bunch of money if you loose the case. Have you tried to take someone from the dealership to a gas station and show them the issue in person? That is what I would push for before going down the path of a lawsuit.

MtnRider

Reaction score
Probably going to be a uphill battle to lemon law a truck for that. While a frustration that you can't fill it at full flow it's not exactly sidelining the truck.

You'll need to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer on this one

flan

Reaction score
I’ve read of others with this issue what they do is insert the nozzle upside down and it supposedly helps with clicking off before full. Worth a shot.

Bigspender101

Reaction score
I did a lemon law for a truck in California (not RAM). Can you lemon law it? Yes you could, but getting an attorney specializing in Lemon Law to take the case could be difficult. They normally won't take the case unless it has a high probability of winning. A non lemon law attorney might take the case but you would probably have to pay them up front and would be out a bunch of money if you loose the case. Have you tried to take someone from the dealership to a gas station and show them the issue in person? That is what I would push for before going down the path of a lawsuit.
I took a video and showed them. Not the same but I think that’s why they replace the tank.

Bigspender101

Reaction score
I’ve read of others with this issue what they do is insert the nozzle upside down and it supposedly helps with clicking off before full. Worth a shot.
Yeah, I have to do that. We shouldn’t have to do that. Im thinking I will just live with it. Like I said 3rd world problems…LOL

Bigspender101

Reaction score
Probably going to be a uphill battle to lemon law a truck for that. While a frustration that you can't fill it at full flow it's not exactly sidelining the truck.

You'll need to talk to a knowledgeable lawyer on this one

True. I just wish they would own up to the known issue…..GRRR

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
It's a couple of things that cause it. Biggest issue is Komieforina and there vapor collection pumps. Second issue is a pump running at max pressure. I had that problem when I lived in Komieforina, but only on certain pumps.
When I moved back to Free America, away from their vapor pumps,I haven't had the issue.

Easy way around it, tilt the nozzle up just enough to break the vapor seal but still allows the pump to work.

As far as Lemon Law, this is not a lemon law issue.

Bigspender101

Reaction score
It's a couple of things that cause it. Biggest issue is Komieforina and there vapor collection pumps. Second issue is a pump running at max pressure. I had that problem when I lived in Komieforina, but only on certain pumps.
When I moved back to Free America, away from their vapor pumps,I haven't had the issue.

Easy way around it, tilt the nozzle up just enough to break the vapor seal but still allows the pump to work.

As far as Lemon Law, this is not a lemon law issue.
I agree Totally. Born and raised in Cali. Love it here but Gruesome has done some irreversible damage unfortunately. Maybe eventually it can get back to one of the best states-in the US? Unlikely but hopeful!

Reaction score
I have the same problem whenever I get gas at Costco. However, no problem at all at Mobil and Chevron.

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
You can get cars lemon law’d fairly easily. You need to give them 3 times to repair, on the 4th you’re good, not being able to fill the tank would likely be a significant defect but you need to have evidence of it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You can get cars lemon law’d fairly easily. You need to give them 3 times to repair, on the 4th you’re good, not being able to fill the tank would likely be a significant defect but you need to have evidence of it.

Every state has different lemon laws. Here in Colorado, he'd already be past the 1 year mark so no Lemon Law.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
LL attorney consultations are generally free in CA. Like others have noted, if they take it it's because they think it's a good case. They don't get paid if they/you don't prevail, and their fees are added into the settlement and paid by the manufacturer at no cost to you. California is very consumer friendly as far as the Lemon Law is concerned. One of the few things the state actually does to help all of its citizens. All it costs you is a little time at the computer.

Users who are viewing this thread