Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Uconnect 5 Software Update

RummerRam

Reaction score
Uconnect completed a software update this week but I am having a hard time finding the details. Maybe it will help some of the glitches!
Does anyone have the features of the update? Thx

JimKIII

Reaction score
I had a message three days ago when I turned off my truck, "Uconnect Box Software Update Available". Once the update was done (I assume it was done as a little field top-left of the screen flashed 'updating', I checked the versions and none had changed. So I have no idea what, if any, update was done.

RummerRam

Reaction score
It would be nice if Ram would flash a description for the updated features/bug fixes. I guess time will tell what, if anything, is different.

RTillery

Reaction score
Not sure if the update is behind my latest glitch. I was gone for a few days and when I started my 2019 truck up this morning, the 8.4 with Nav tries to reboot itself about every 3 to 5 minutes. I checked with the Uconnect site and it says my software is up to date? Other than a few recalls, the truck has been flawless. I hope it is just going thru "update blues" but this is frustrating. I've got a trip coming up in a few weeks and need this thing to work properly. I'm suspecting the issue is caused by an update glitch and I hope it gets fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread