Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelderman 2-Stage Front Air Suspension

Adam06

Reaction score
Has anyone tried running this airbag system on their trucks? I’m looking at getting a softer ride for my 3500. Any thoughts or experiences with them?

Attachments

• IMG_2512.png
    IMG_2512.png
    197.7 KB · Views: 21

Ostracize

Reaction score
Has anyone tried running this airbag system on their trucks? I’m looking at getting a softer ride for my 3500. Any thoughts or experiences with them?
I'd start simple by disconnecting the sway bar and feeling the difference and if it achieves the feeling you're seeking. Ez.. And free.
I have a full thuren setup on mine and although the softer rate springs are good they are only part of the suspension equation...so that is why I recommend to folks to isolate what they can first.

Adam06

Reaction score
I'd start simple by disconnecting the sway bar and feeling the difference and if it achieves the feeling you're seeking. Ez.. And free.
I have a full thuren setup on mine and although the softer rate springs are good they are only part of the suspension equation...so that is why I recommend to folks to isolate what they can first.
So you don’t need a sway bar in the front? New to rams first one.

Ostracize

Reaction score
So you don’t need a sway bar in the front? New to rams first one.
I would run a sway bar for stability of everyday driving... But my recommendation to remove oem one and try it out is to be able to feel the difference. If it makes the truck feel better for you then I'd consider an after market progressive rate one that allows the suspension articulate more naturally but still provides some sway stability... Just not as aggressive /stiff as the oem one.

gprguy

Reaction score
I know we talked over in the other thread, but towards the end of page 1 and top of page 2 of my build thread (linked in description) has the install of my front bags. I do think it makes a difference and was worth it, but it's a little easier for me since I was doing the rear and the control system anyway. If you are just doing the front keep in mind you really do need some sort of auto leveling valve and onboard air, bags do change height with temperature and sitting around. When I did the fronts on my 2003 3500 I never got around to plumbing in any sort of height control, I just ran a schrader valve to each bag and it was kind of annoying adjusting them every few weeks.

Two other things to consider - a significant portion of the cost for any of the Kelderman kits are the fancy Raptor shocks. They are very high end pieces and I think they run around $750 a pair. If they would let you order the kit minus shocks you could probably spend half that on some still very decent Bilsteins or whatever your preference is. Also Kelderman very occasionally runs 10% off and/or free shipping, and given that we're coming up on Black Friday I wouldn't be surprised if it's that time of year. I was able to take advantage of both when I bought my kits and that was a very significant savings.

Last edited:

Adam06

Reaction score
I know we talked over in the other thread, but towards the end of page 1 and top of page 2 of my build thread (linked in description) has the install of my front bags. I do think it makes a difference and was worth it, but it's a little easier for me since I was doing the rear and the control system anyway. If you are just doing the front keep in mind you really do need some sort of auto leveling valve and onboard air, bags do change height with temperature and sitting around. When I did the fronts on my 2003 3500 I never got around to plumbing in any sort of height control, I just ran a schrader valve to each bag and it was kind of annoying adjusting them every few weeks.

Two other things to consider - a significant portion of the cost for any of the Kelderman kits are the fancy Raptor shocks. They are very high end pieces and I think they run around $750 a pair. If they would let you order the kit minus shocks you could probably spend half that on some still very decent Bilsteins or whatever your preference is. Also Kelderman very occasionally runs 10% off and/or free shipping, and given that we're coming up on Black Friday I wouldn't be surprised if it's that kind of year. I was able to take advantage of both when I bought my kits and that was a very significant savings.
Thanks for your thoughts appreciated

gprguy

Reaction score
..And as suspected, I just received an email that Kelderman is doing 10% off and free shipping for black Friday. Generally when it goes live it'll show on their website as discounted prices, they don't tend to use coupon codes.

Users who are viewing this thread