Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just plugged my iPad 11Pro in ......

Aketay

Reaction score
And it came up with the message “Device not recognized “. Anyone know when this will be updated? The iPad 11Pro is a second generation running iOS 13.6.1.

MikeXM

Reaction score
Not sure if the uconnect is the culprit here. Might actually be the ipad.
When you connect a device, it looks for Android Auto or Apple Carplay. If not found, it will throw this error.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
And it came up with the message “Device not recognized “. Anyone know when this will be updated? The iPad 11Pro is a second generation running iOS 13.6.1.
CarPlay is not supported on iPad. My thought has always been that they did not want people putting a 12” display across the dash distracting you from the road. Now large touch displays are becoming the norm (RAM, Tesla, etc.) so I’m guessing it could become available in the near future.

Aketay

Reaction score
The iPad 10.5 Pro was acknowledged and I used it just for music like an iPod. My phone is always plugged into the number 1 slot for Car Play. I guess the biggest thing is being able to use the USB-C port to keep the new iPad charged as it is also my e-log for work.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 10.5 Pro was acknowledged and I used it just for music like an iPod. My phone is always plugged into the number 1 slot for Car Play. I guess the biggest thing is being able to use the USB-C port to keep the new iPad charged as it is also my e-log for work.

I use data blockers on devices I only want to charge. Keeps the radio from misbehaving.

If you have the USB ports in the rear console, one of them is BAT+ and not connected to the radio.

Aketay

Reaction score
I tried my GoPro cable, USB-A to USB-C and it charges and plays music now. It just doesn’t like USB-C to USB-C.
On a side note, the 11 Pro sounds better the my 4th generation nano.

Users who are viewing this thread