Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to replace the UConnect 5 with a UConnect 4?

JimKIII

Reaction score
There are lots of posts about upgrading UC-4 to UC-5. How about the other way around - with all the issues of UC-5, is going back to UC-4 a possibility?

Or is the the truck so integrated with UC-5 that it'd be useless to try and go backward?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
There are lots of posts about upgrading UC-4 to UC-5. How about the other way around - with all the issues of UC-5, is going back to UC-4 a possibility?

Or is the the truck so integrated with UC-5 that it'd be useless to try and go backward?
Id just hold on for the glitches to get worked out it i would not go backwards personally

Phil T

Reaction score
Isn't that like trading an iPhone for a Flip Phone?

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
..the 4 is a PITA POS too imo, it works but about had enough of it.
Thinking about an International or Camper Special and a full restoration

Last edited:

JimKIII

Reaction score
Isn't that like trading an iPhone for a Flip Phone?
Ha ha. I do have an old flip phone and my Galazy S5 is so old the last software update was years ago. After working in high-tech all my career I've turned into a technology curmudgeon since retirement; not so bad as a Luddite, but close. GPS? Hell no - give me a real map and compass.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Ha ha. I do have an old flip phone and my Galazy S5 is so old the last software update was years ago. After working in high-tech all my career I've turned into a technology curmudgeon since retirement; not so bad as a Luddite, but close. GPS? Hell no - give me a real map and compass.
Well, with google maps deteriorating as a functional program daily, WE moved the map back up to the front seat and check it against every request for a destination... What the heck has happened to google maps over the years? It well and truly sucks for air now days... Not sure if the truck nav is any better... Can't get it to work consistently either. verbal requests...well, UConnect 5 apparently comes into play and doesn't.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Well, with google maps deteriorating as a functional program daily, WE moved the map back up to the front seat and check it against every request for a destination... What the heck has happened to google maps over the years? It well and truly sucks for air now days... Not sure if the truck nav is any better... Can't get it to work consistently either. verbal requests...well, UConnect 5 apparently comes into play and doesn't.
Apple maps has been getting better and google has been getting worse idk why

Redfour5

Reaction score
Ahhh, the S5 was a nice phone, my first smart phone, but I preferred the S7 all things considered and being able to charge on a pad. We have S9 pluses still having the expandable memory, and may hang onto them for as long as possible...

MikeXM

Reaction score
Ahhh, the S5 was a nice phone, my first smart phone, but I preferred the S7 all things considered and being able to charge on a pad. We have S9 pluses still having the expandable memory, and may hang onto them for as long as possible...
Plenty of S20 remaining on the market which have microsd slot. Time to upgrade while its possible. Wife upgraded her S8 to one and absolutely love it.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Strange, I haven't had any problems with Google Maps. My phone is a Google Pixel 6 Pro. Maybe that is the reason? Also UC-4.

Redfour5

Reaction score
Plenty of S20 remaining on the market which have microsd slot. Time to upgrade while its possible. Wife upgraded her S8 to one and absolutely love it.
Thanks, I didn't realize the S20 had the microSD...

Users who are viewing this thread