Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction, flapping noise

Pastdated

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. My name is Rik. username is “pastdated” Because I am. Having been born in 1948. I have a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7 hemi. Love the truck. I’ll post a picture when I get a chance. Thanks for accepting me into this form.

Recently, the truck has developed a strange flapping noise on start up and when first driving off. This noise is related to engine revs as it increases as I accelerate. I’m a little worried. I know that I just want the classic hemi tick. It sounds like you put your finger on the blades of one of those personal battery operated fans. Anyone have any ideas?

flan

Reaction score
Could be an exhaust leak. You didn’t say where your located but if you’re in salt country I’ve seen the bolts break on the pipe joint under the truck about in the area between the front and rear seat. Part number 14 in this pic;

1710418447404.jpeg

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. My name is Rik. username is “pastdated” Because I am. Having been born in 1948. I have a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7 hemi. Love the truck. I’ll post a picture when I get a chance. Thanks for accepting me into this form.

Recently, the truck has developed a strange flapping noise on start up and when first driving off. This noise is related to engine revs as it increases as I accelerate. I’m a little worried. I know that I just want the classic hemi tick. It sounds like you put your finger on the blades of one of those personal battery operated fans. Anyone have any ideas?
Welcome to the forum.
Just wanted to give you a heads up, this forum is dedicated solely to the Dodge / Ram Heavy Duty trucks (2500 & 3500 pickups, as well as cab & chassis trucks). If you’re looking specifically for information regarding 1500’s, you will be better served posting on our other forum “5th Gen Rams”, which is solely dedicated to the 1500 series half ton Dodge / Ram pickups. It can be accessed via this link:

Users who are viewing this thread