Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet connection

Scottprince17

Reaction score
my 2019 Ram with 12 inch display doesn’t appear to be connected to any internet connection, when I type in an address to search on the nav, it displays” no results searching offline. Any idea how to reconnect it

mountainears

Reaction score
That’s a paid subscription service to have internet in the truck.

You can pair it to your phones internet hotspot if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottprince17

Reaction score

Do you have to have a paid subscription to use the navigation system? Mine says it’s offline

unclelala

Reaction score
Don't know about you all down south but isn't the navigation a GPS and therefore there is no need for internet? I don't pay any subs and my truck GPS works fine.

mountainears

Reaction score
Correct. You just won’t get map updates, traffic info, etc.

ZFORCE

Reaction score

Would you happen to know the procedure or any tip to pair your 12.1” to your phone us your phone’s hotspot? Thanks

mountainears

Reaction score
It’s good for at least the software updates. Not sure if it does anything else.

From the Vehicle menu go to Settings. Choose Software updates. And then software updates over WiFi. From there you can pick your home or cellular hotspot.

ironmike

Reaction score
So i just got the 40.1 firmware/software update to my 2020 ram 3500 12" radio. I was advised by Ram care to have this done to enable the AT&T WIFI to return to operative as is has not been operative for 2 years now. Just got off the hour long phone call from AT&T to be told that the current firmware version is not compatible as of yet & lower versions are pending and they do not even see my version in pending status. I got AT&T to comp a years worth of service once it is compatible and activated. Anyone else having this issues for WIFI services? And can you share issues & experiences to resolutions you may have had?
Thanks!

PRS

Reaction score
So i just got the 40.1 firmware/software update to my 2020 ram 3500 12" radio. I was advised by Ram care to have this done to enable the AT&T WIFI to return to operative as is has not been operative for 2 years now. Just got off the hour long phone call from AT&T to be told that the current firmware version is not compatible as of yet & lower versions are pending and they do not even see my version in pending status. I got AT&T to comp a years worth of service once it is compatible and activated. Anyone else having this issues for WIFI services? And can you share issues & experiences to resolutions you may have had?
Thanks!
We have had issues where the Wi-Fi hotspot would work for the first few hours but would not work when you restarted after fueling. Had several long conversations with AT&T and determined we needed the update as well. Very good tech @ Uconnect provided the 40.1 firmware version info and the info that the firmware status portion of the drive Uconnect website is non-functional for two years now.
Went to dealer to get the firmware update, and it wouldn’t load. They ordered an exchange radio that came with 40.1 installed. Wi-Fi still wouldn’t work so talked to an AT&T tech, who was less than helpful, and started to wait for more info. After a few days called AT&T again and talked to a very knowledgeable female tech. She said that since the radio was changed the IMEI number and ICCID numbers they had on file for my VIN would need to be updated. She said it would take 72 hours to become active.
Three days later we were on a trip and the Wi-Fi worked great.
The exchange radio came with a 4 digit pin as well. I’m wondering if this is the same pin required for FOB programming.

ironmike

Reaction score
We have had issues where the Wi-Fi hotspot would work for the first few hours but would not work when you restarted after fueling. Had several long conversations with AT&T and determined we needed the update as well. Very good tech @ Uconnect provided the 40.1 firmware version info and the info that the firmware status portion of the drive Uconnect website is non-functional for two years now.
Went to dealer to get the firmware update, and it wouldn’t load. They ordered an exchange radio that came with 40.1 installed. Wi-Fi still wouldn’t work so talked to an AT&T tech, who was less than helpful, and started to wait for more info. After a few days called AT&T again and talked to a very knowledgeable female tech. She said that since the radio was changed the IMEI number and ICCID numbers they had on file for my VIN would need to be updated. She said it would take 72 hours to become active.
Three days later we were on a trip and the Wi-Fi worked great.
The exchange radio came with a 4 digit pin as well. I’m wondering if this is the same pin required for FOB programming.
At&t stated the 40.1 firmware was not even compatible yet as of 9/26/23. spoke to 2 reps prior to a upper supervisor that also confirmed this info. I am at a loss as to what is going on with this WIFI non compatibility issue....

PRS

Reaction score
At&t stated the 40.1 firmware was not even compatible yet as of 9/26/23. spoke to 2 reps prior to a upper supervisor that also confirmed this info. I am at a loss as to what is going on with this WIFI non compatibility issue....
That’s odd. I have 40.1 and am connected and using it to send this reply.
The AT&T tech that has helped me the most is Claire at the AT&T# 8665951242.

ironmike

Reaction score
That’s odd. I have 40.1 and am connected and using it to send this reply.
The AT&T tech that has helped me the most is Claire at the AT&T# 8665951242.
Finally update worked as of 10/10/23!!!!!! Wifi is active & working! With all of this hassle for 2+ years of wifi inoperable, At&t will give me 3 months for free rather than the year they promised once service restored & then its $15 @ month......

Users who are viewing this thread