Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IF YOU HAVEN'T UPDATED YOUR PASSORD RECENTLY OR HAVE A WEAK PASSWORD PLEASE CHANGE IT!

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
There's been an uptick in a new spambot wreaking havoc across all (most) forums.

Until additional measures can be put in place, it's recommended that members that haven't updated the password in some time do so. 2FA is also available here and recommended.

It appears there's some old monster data breach database (source still unknown but potentially lastpass) being used to spam the sites by using valid userid/password combinations (doesn't appear to be a brute force on weak passwords).

Recently they have also been updating users signature with their nefarious URL.

2FA can be found under Password and Security on your account profile:

1675233963258.png

mountainears

Reaction score
Thanks for this, cool to see they support 2FA, and that seems to work on the web but I think broke the Tapatalk app access. I’ll screw with it shortly and see.

The Lastpass breach I don’t think compromised passwords directly, if so then it wouldn’t be that brewach. Good to change password at least.

mountainears

Reaction score
I turned off 2FA and the app works again. So if you use the app you probably just want to change your password to something unique and strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lauryfriese

Reaction score
There's been an uptick in a new spambot wreaking havoc across all (most) forums.

Until additional measures can be put in place, it's recommended that members that haven't updated the password in some time do so. 2FA is also available here and Candy Crush recommended.

It appears there's some old monster data breach database (source still unknown but potentially lastpass) being used to spam the sites by using valid userid/password combinations (doesn't appear to be a brute force on weak passwords).

Recently they have also been updating users signature with their nefarious URL.

2FA can be found under Password and Security on your account profile:

View attachment 51114
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread